Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wishbone id
Macca

posted on 4/7/03 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Wishbone id

Could you please spare a little time to look at the photo's in my archive as I would like to try and id the supplier of these wishbones.
They are a little wider between their mounting points, and the tube that holds the mounting bushes is a little shorter than book.Most other measurements would appear to match the book.
They came attached to the chassis, pictured, which I would also like to id,
this has not been a home build.
Thanks for your comments.
Col

craig1410

posted on 4/7/03 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Macca,
It looks like MK Engineering handywork to me. Your de-dion setup is MK's the same as mine and I think the wishbones look like the ones which MK used to show on their website (the non Indy ones designed for book chassis'

I'm not certain but the whole bent pipe wishbone design (I think) was started by them. (Waits to be corrected...)

HTH,
Craig.

kingr

posted on 4/7/03 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, certainly look like MK bits to me, although presumably they're quite old given a) their condition and b) that the top wishbone doesn't appear to have an angled threaded section for the ball joint (or in this case spherical bearing). Watch out though, you might have the MK dimension protection cult after you if those pictures with the ruler fall into the wrong hands. The welding quality is another giveaway.

Kingr

[Edited on 4/7/03 by kingr]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.