Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BEC rolling road Shropshire
locoboy

posted on 8/8/07 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
BEC rolling road Shropshire

Does anyone know of a RR for BEC's in shropshire?

My car currently wont pull under load past about 8K so im assumig would benefit from a rejet and propper set up?

Anywhere local that canyone can recommend?

ATB
Locoboy

Hellfire

posted on 8/8/07 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
As far as I'm aware, there are only three places in the country that have rolling road facilities and are capable of re-jetting and setting up a BEC. They are, in alphabetical order

Holeshot Racing- Bradford
PDQ - Berkshire
TTS - Northamptonshire

Can highly recommend Holeshot Racing.

Phil

hobbsy

posted on 8/8/07 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
I think Lynx AE in Hanslope (kinda between Milton Keynes and Northampton) can re-jet, they certainly have a rolling road and have developed their own small LMP R1 powered car.

www.lynxae.co.uk

Not actually used them for any work but have been and seen their premises and popped in for a chat.

Davey D

posted on 8/8/07 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
Why would a rolling road need to be any different for a BEC? and regarding the jetting of carbs.. if somewhere can jet carbs on a car, then surely they can do it on a bike engine?
Toady1

posted on 8/8/07 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
I dont think there is any difference, i think its just the availability of bits ie jets/needles etc.
BenB

posted on 8/8/07 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
They can, but they might not have the range of jets for (or be used to dealing with) CV carbs....

After all, Webers are pretty similar to Dellortos but some tuning places are Weber only....

tom_loughlin

posted on 8/8/07 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
A.B. Garage in Hawarden (not far from chester) are ace!
I paid £80 to get my Zetec set up with MS - they had to learn the software from scratch. Really know their stuff, they live and breathe all things mechanical.
Top guys, and can't reccomment them enough!

U2U me if you want their details.

Tom

Hellfire

posted on 8/8/07 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davey D
Why would a rolling road need to be any different for a BEC? and regarding the jetting of carbs.. if somewhere can jet carbs on a car, then surely they can do it on a bike engine?

A lot of bike engines are now fuel injected and run with Dynojet Power Commanders fitted. As far as I know, there are only three centres in the country that cater for BEC's fitted with power commanders and capable of building a custom fuel map and they are those mentioned above.

I also believe that the rolling roads themselves are actually quite different for BEC's and require load control units to be fitted, although I might be talking rubbish........

Phil

Davey D

posted on 9/8/07 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire

I also believe that the rolling roads themselves are actually quite different for BEC's and require load control units to be fitted, although I might be talking rubbish........

Phil

ive been to a few Rolling Roads and they had load control. they tweak it depending on the power of your car

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.