New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: gts tuning
thunderace

posted on 17/12/07 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
gts tuning

would you buy from them
zilspeed

posted on 17/12/07 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
Have done in the early days, before all the nonsense and had not problems.

That was then, this is now though...

02GF74

posted on 17/12/07 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
Not bought anything from them but judging by what I read on here, deffo not.

With the advent of forums, I realise that people can go off the handle rather than communicate with the seller to sort it out but to my knowlege there are no other companies on here that get the same comments.

I also don't think people are jumping onto the GTS slagging off band wagon, and often it can't be the case as in the case of newbies (been at least 2 recently).

Mr Whippy

posted on 17/12/07 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
I still get suspicious of out the blue Newbie posts though as they really could be anyone at all, even Darren's competitors or even the same person just logging in again and again with different user names

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bonzoronnie

posted on 17/12/07 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
Buy from GTS Tuning ??????

No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No,No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No,

If you are fresh from " Care in the comunity " Then probably, Yes

Ronnie

AdamR

posted on 17/12/07 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
You're asking two questions at once there. I chose to answer the "how good was your service" question and I can only say that it was good. I got fine stuff within the timeframe that I'd decided would be acceptable. But I did go into it with my eyes open and made sure I did plenty of chasing up. To be honest I've found I've had to do that with all the suppliers I've dealt with.

As for the "would you use GTS in the future" question - yes I would if they're the only supplier offering a particular product as was the case last time. But if I could get it elsewhere for a similar price then no way.

I don't know what you're trying to acheive with this thread to be honest. It's been done to death a thousand times before.

bonzoronnie

posted on 17/12/07 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Newbie post's

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
I still get suspicious of out the blue Newbie posts though as they really could be anyone at all, even Darren's competitors or even the same person just logging in again and again with different user names

It may be Darren George's way of finding out if it is safe to show his face in public.

Ronnie

PS, one or two of you may notice, GTS is my all time, favorite topic.

graememk

posted on 17/12/07 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
i would do but, i would not pay untill i collect and i would collect in person, from what i read the product is very good.

Mr Whippy

posted on 17/12/07 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
If anything the chart/graph shows just how important word of mouth is, especially with the web

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Danozeman

posted on 17/12/07 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
GTS stuff is very good quality when it arrives. I have put no on the poll but, I would buy from them on a cash on collection basis as from what ive seen or had from them is all good. and now he has moved etc and seems to be trying maybe customer service will get better.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

02GF74

posted on 17/12/07 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy

Fair point by why don't these out of the blue newbies complain about Mac 1, MNR, MK, Lueogo, RHood, Ral Des etc .... ?

mookaloid

posted on 17/12/07 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
I have bought from them and was very happy with the wishbones for the indy.

I would buy from GTS if they were the only suppliers of that particular bit of kit, but if I could get the stuff elsewhere, I probably would.

Cheers

mook

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Duncan_P

posted on 17/12/07 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
I cant complain about the level of service i got from them. They were a hell of a lot better than some kitcar part supplies that have had/am dealing with.

Overall the level of customer care that i have been exposed to in the kitcar/parts sector whilst building the kit so far has been pretty shabby. They certainly wouldn't get away with it in a lot of other sectors. Admitidly there have been some good experiences but most have been a little trying

Confused but excited.

posted on 17/12/07 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
I voted yes as the quality seems OK, but because of negative response on here, it would have to be cash on collection.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

tom_loughlin

posted on 17/12/07 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
This should read, IF you have actually bought anything from GTS, how would you rate it....
SO many people will click no just to jump on the band wagon.

Like I said, a completed GTS looks far superior compared to most of his competitors....

Just my 2p's worth mind

bonzoronnie

posted on 17/12/07 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
GTS???

quote:
Originally posted by tom_loughlin
This should read, IF you have actually bought anything from GTS, how would you rate it....
SO many people will click no just to jump on the band wagon.

Like I said, a completed GTS looks far superior compared to most of his competitors....

Just my 2p's worth mind

perhaps the people who paid for parts & never recieved them should also be excluded from the poll ??

Technically. they did not buy anything.
They just got ripped off, thats all

I notice the GTS forum is going great guns.
Most of the posts are to ask. "How do you get hold of darren"

http://www.gtsoc.co.uk/gtsforum.htm

On a perosonal note,

Darren George. Sit up. Take notice.

Your reputation sucks.
Time for you to tidy up your act

Ronnie

[Edited on 17/12/07 by bonzoronnie]

ReMan

posted on 17/12/07 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
I have chosen not to vote, but relay my personal experience and opinion.
I bought top wishbones for the Indy from GTS before they were famous/infamous.
I paid, they turned up quickly and were better than the MK ones I was replacing. As good a service as could be expected.

Since then, with the stories that have been relayed here, I would not risk any more money with GTS simple as that.
This is supposed to be an enjoyable relaxing hobby, so there's no way I would risk buying in to a load of hassle, I can get that at work for free!
I would need to see a big change in the feedback reported on here to consider parting with any money with them again.
I think it's a shame, and I do hope that GTS read this and turn things round, they have been given plenty of chances to do so, the ball is definatly in their court.
Until then I will continue to feel slightly embarrassed as each newbie turns up on this forum looking for help having been dissapointed and gettin something of a "told you so" response

flak monkey

posted on 18/12/07 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
For %&^*s sake thunderace, stop stirring and get a life.

This has nothing to do with 'bodywork and exterior' and is just another one of your posts t stir up shite about GTS, again.

You had a problem, sort it out, in private you dumb %&^$. If you havent got the tenacity to sort out a problem and chase it through to the end then you have no right to complain on here.

Its all been said, time and time again.

I know of people who have waited longer for parts from MK than I did for my whole kit from GTS, and when they have arrived they have needed more than a 'small' amount of adjustment to get them to a useable condition/quality. Yet no one complains about MK do they? No because if you did that you would get 50% of the forum come down on you like a tonne of bricks.

Perhaps everyone should take note, you have no right to slag off, or join in the slagging off of a company, whom you have had no dealings with, even if it is just a cursory comment. Also if you cant be bothered to TALK to your supplier and sort your problems with them, in private, and just want to spread crap about them then you shouldnt be on this forum at all.

Thunderace, all you do is come on here and shout your mouth off. You have NEVER posted a useful bit of information to help anyone on this forum, ever. So SOD OFF.

David

PS Yes I woke up on the wrong side of my bed this morning

[Edited on 18/12/07 by flak monkey]

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

blueshift

posted on 18/12/07 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
Where's the ignore user button?
mistergrumpy

posted on 18/12/07 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
I have ordered a few things from GTS as well as seeing quite a few of other peoples stuff and the quality is great. Their bodywork, apart from the fact that it doesn't quite fit the Locost chassis is great quality and far superior to my almost see through Luego stuff. Unfortunately though I too have suffered with their customer services and delivery time. As for MK, well I would only just put them 1 point ahead of GTS if I had to. The quality doesn't seem bad but their customer services and delivery is dire too. They only win because they actually answer the phone. So I wouldn't say that GTS are a million miles from any others including also my ongoing Luego issues

procomp

posted on 19/12/07 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
Hi it's a good job that kit industry is bigger than the world of locost manufacturers.

People seem to forget all about the company's that offer far better quality - better customer service - better knowledge of their product. And all for a price that is not exactly any dearer than the likes of MK GTS MAC#1 luego mnr. There is life beyond these manufacturers you know .

Cheers Matt

jwallbank

posted on 27/12/07 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
GTS Tuning

Been ripped, off to the tune of several hundred pounds. Not supplied most of the stuff I ordered and paid for, despite promises that it was ready. Gave up after 6 months waiting and took him to small claims court, got the judgement but even the baliffs weren't able to contact him.
phongshader

posted on 2/1/08 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

You had a problem, sort it out, in private you dumb %&^$. If you havent got the tenacity to sort out a problem and chase it through to the end then you have no right to complain on here.

That's all fine and good to say but how can I sort it out in private if there's no response?
GTS will not respond to any emails sent from my home email, however I get plenty of email responses from GTS on another email account that I've never questioned about orders never recieved. That smacks of dishonesty and thevery not just a misplaced order. Unfortunately I'm in the states so I can't just drive by and demand goods and services paid for. This is too bad because I've bought from them in the past and received goods ordered, although not in a timely manner but received just the same. Great business model, rip someone off for $200 and lose the potential making $1ks!

ALEXARAS

posted on 4/1/08 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hello, i am thinking of buying quite a few things for my locost from GTS tuning. If i figured out correctly people were paying for their porducts and either never received them or it was taking too long?

I was thinking of buying new fiberglass bodywork from them. What do you suggest me to do?
Is there another similar company offering a wide range of products for locost?

Kind regards
Alex

Locost 7 RS2000
Beach Buggy Rotary

mofo

posted on 12/1/08 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
gts

i ordered some gts Panther seats on the 4th of dec and then found this site and thought sh*t !! but i got any email on the 5th of dec saying i would gett them in jan and i got them 2 days ago and for the money they are spot on !
so maybe they have turned over a new leaf

james

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.