Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Propshaft problems
Razor

posted on 14/4/08 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
Propshaft problems

Well i have ad one anoying weekend. after hours of bending and twisting i managed to fit the propshaft into the tunnel only to find even more problems, as shown in the photo, if i have the prop where i want it, all nicley lined up and straight, the bracket doesnt line up with the hold all ready pre drilled into the chasis. if i do position the bracket with the holes the prop isnt straght and it then fouls with my gear linkage, any thoughts or should i do what my mind is telling me and drill my own holes?

[Edited on 14/4/08 by Razor]

Razor

posted on 14/4/08 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
sorry photo attached Rescued attachment DSCF1913.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF1913.JPG

Hellfire

posted on 14/4/08 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
You dont want a prop (which is designed to run at an angle) driving in a straight line - minimum 5 degree run out is what we were always told to run at. Using it straight puts unecessary strain on the UJ's.

Elongate the mounting holes if you like... most props are specific to the build and engine - dont worry about elongating the holes. They are only there as a guide

Steve

[Edited on 14-4-08 by Hellfire]

eznfrank

posted on 14/4/08 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Is the rose joint on your gear linkage on the n/s of the gear lever and the gear lever turned so that the bracket is on the same side? That ought to buy you the space regards gear linkage, that's how mine is anyway (although changing for cable now)

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.