Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Not what you want to hear
02GF74

posted on 16/4/08 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
Not what you want to hear

more funding for this money pinching government

surely this infringes human rights as it takes away ones right to commit crime?

speedyxjs

posted on 16/4/08 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

mookaloid

posted on 16/4/08 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
more

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Mr Whippy

posted on 16/4/08 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
say hello to your new car...

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 16/4/08 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
what worries me more is where the government would get the vast sum of money it would take to implement such a system. We must be talking literally billions of £££££s to create the infrstructure and operational resource.

Who do you think would foot the bill for this?

That's right - you and me

aerosam

posted on 16/4/08 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
forget this stupid country I'm moving abroad.
Puk

posted on 16/4/08 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
This is just going to temp folk to use false number plates. Of course law abiding types won't - so there the ones that will finance the whole plot.

It'll get like Ireland where so few people had car insurance that even otherwise law abiding folk began to loose the incentive to get some - as there was no one to claim against.

Before you judge a guy, walk a mile in his shoes. Then when you judge him, you're a mile a way and you've nicked his shoes.

balidey

posted on 16/4/08 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
I'm curious as to how 'cloned' cars would work on this system. I've always wanted to get two similar cars with the same number plate, drive through some SPECS cameras while your mate drives through another set a few seconds later. Speeding ticket would show average speed of several hundred miles per hour.
vinny1275

posted on 16/4/08 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
Spot on Puk - the government doesn't seem to twig that criminals don't mind breaking the law - anyone who really wants to speed will just nick number plates and speed wherever they want, safe in the knowledge that there are no police on the roads, all having been assigned instead to "anti terror" operations. Speeding is probably safe from being added to the terror legislation, unlike pretty much everything else, because they want to lock up the terror suspects, which costs money, whereas motorists are just there to be hung upside-down until all the loose change has fallen out......

It's like when they banned handguns because 1 person who legally owned some went on the rampage. They completely missed the fact that the criminals who didnt' already hold theirs legally would carry on breaking the law and keep them - and gun crime is going up.

If I were running for parliament, I'd propose getting rid of the scameras and the talivan, and replacing all 8000 of them with traffic police, whose priority is dangerous driving, not speeding.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 16/4/08 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aerosam

I'm already planning on moving to New Zealand in a couple of years if i can. Vote the ba$t&rds out next election i say!!! even more

Mr Whippy

posted on 16/4/08 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aerosam

same here moving to France where they drive dangerously

I think this Guy had the right idea

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Benzine

posted on 16/4/08 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
and this one

^__^

blakep82

posted on 16/4/08 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
i always give these average speed cameras the finger whenever i drive under them. don't know if anyone will ever see them, but i do it anyway. think we all should

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

carpmart

posted on 16/4/08 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
Not good!

This administration is very out of touch with what the average person thinks.

Lost all interest in this country now. Seriously looking at how I can go self employed (opt out of PAYE by setting myself up as a company) get my employer to pay me gross via me submitting an invoice once per month and vote with my pounds. I am sure with a good 'creative' accountant I can halve the amount of money I pay in tax.

Now that will make me feel a whole lot better.

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

ditchlewis

posted on 16/4/08 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote

taxed going to and from work
taxed for working to earn the money to pay
taxed when i spend the money
taxed for using the roads
NOW JUST TAXED out of this country i'm off

ditch

RK

posted on 16/4/08 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
They've had them in Canada for years. They tend to send tickets out to a lot of peole who didn't actually drive that day, and neither did their car leave the driveway - my sister had a big hassle getting out of a ticket one day because of such an error.

AND it didn't actually make any money for the government after all the mistakes were accounted for (British Columbia).

If you get caught by one, CHALLENGE it in court if necessary!!! It assumes guilt before you have had your day in court, which is not exactly kosher. The government will see that it doesn't pay and perhaps change their minds. Do some research and send it to your MP!!!

If you are looking for a country to live in, I recommend Belgium or Luxembourg. Not cheap in Lux but has GREAT roads. English is widely spoken, as is French, German and of course, Luxembourgeois. Canada is fine, but good luck getting past the immigration people - there are LONG waits.

turbodisplay

posted on 16/4/08 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
I thought of a idea. Why doesn`t everyone have a no numberplate protest day as mentioned by captain gatso, except the plates are removed by a "neighbour". If you were to get pulled you can say some git removed it not you. Over night the same "nei ghbour" will refit it.

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
blakep82

posted on 16/4/08 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
^ maybe we should all just ditch number plates for good. at least the ones on the front.

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

smart51

posted on 16/4/08 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
Of course, if you don't break the law, average speed camera's shouldn't worry you

The advantage is that you don't get muppets standing on their brakes when approaching static speed cameras, nor do they drive through at 28 MPH in a 40 zone.

Another advantage is that if you're stuck behind someone doing 40 on a national speed limit B road, you can briefly hit 70 doing a safe overtake and then carry on at the speed limit and your average speed won't worry the cameras.

rf900rush

posted on 16/4/08 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
It now seems technology Sucks!

We all now post our complainst for every one to read, whilst the greedy t@ssers running our country just don't care.

We should all remember Thatcher and the poll tax protests.

If just 100 people parked on our major motor ways (especially heathrow area) for a couple of days protesting I am sure the measage would sink in.

Yes extreem measures, but how long can the people be treated this bad.

And next elections. What a choice

turbodisplay

posted on 16/4/08 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
If you were to block all the main arteries into london as a protest you would probally be done as a terrorist.

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
rf900rush

posted on 16/4/08 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I guess you are right there.

Now we need a top ten countries to goto.

Or better still, a locost alternative.

Lets all have a wip round and buy Zimbabwe and have a locost rule system.

tegwin

posted on 16/4/08 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.....who gets to decide whom is who though?

This is getting silly....It seems every freedom is being removed and comon sence banned...

I know that this would not be a problem atall if no one ventured above the speed limit, but its the principle of the thing!

If there is no risk/reward strructure to life, and simply a "path to follow", WHAT THE F*CK IS THE POINT!!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

charlierevell

posted on 16/4/08 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Cant even use a tax get around anymore!

You cant go self employed if you only have one major income...... and you cant run a limited liablility partnership anymore!
Dont really think theres a way out of it!

New country here I come! (At least the kit has no front plate!)

Tango orange is an 'IN' colour!!

DIY Si

posted on 16/4/08 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Quite glad I'm thinking of doing my bike test! No front number plate as standard!
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.