Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Racetech Fuel Gauge
mike smith1

posted on 19/4/08 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
Racetech Fuel Gauge

Anyone fitted a Racetech Fuel Gauge and sender?

Looking at fitting one as it's doing my head in having to keep looking in the fuel filler to see how much is left in the tank

I just wondered if anyone had fitted one, especially as a after thought.

All help / Advice Welcome!!!

Mike

stuart_g

posted on 19/4/08 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
I have one on my car no drama to fit, just the same as any other really.
LBMEFM

posted on 19/4/08 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Fitted mine this afternoon, no problems, works well.
Barry

BenB

posted on 19/4/08 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
If you're talking the electric fuel guage then I've got one. Easy as long as you haven't got a tank with lots of vertical baffles (the swing arm will crash into them!!).
mike smith1

posted on 20/4/08 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LBMEFM
Fitted mine this afternoon, no problems, works well.
Barry

Thanks for all the replies!!

Barry, did you cut a hole in your tank, or did your tank have a sender mount in it when it was made?

Is it a MK tank?? Just a little worried about cutting the tank and hitting a baffle, need to get the tank out and have a good look i think.

Any pics would be good Cheers Mike

LBMEFM

posted on 20/4/08 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry Mike no pics. I used a hole saw to cut the tank and then drilled and fitted the sender with self tappers. There is only one baffle in the MK tank and that is about 20-25cm from the oposite end to the filler neck. I have fitted my sender to the right of centre with the float towards the filler. You will have to shorten the float arm, this is done by releasing the allen screw and pulling it back up and then snipping off the excess. The float should just rest above the bottom of the tank and have enough clearance at the top to register full. As the tank top is not level make sure you you cut the hole towards the lower side to ensure the float clears the side of the tank as the fuel level lowers. You may find as the arm is much shorter it may not lower on it's own from the full position, I cured this by wieghting it with a couple of twists, at the float end, with plumbers solder. All the best Barry
mike smith1

posted on 21/4/08 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers for that Barry, i'm going to get one ordered and get it fitted.

Mike

mike smith1

posted on 29/4/08 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel Gauge arrived today, no instructions for sender, good job you guys have done one and explained it, poxy wiring diagram with the gauge, not good really!!!

What did you guys use to screw the sender to the tank, self tappers? Did you use the think rubber gasket that comes with it or did you use a thinner gasket?

Mike

BigMac

posted on 28/4/11 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
Hi guys, I'm DEFINATELY resurrecting an old thread here, but saves making a new one!

Anyone on here with a Racetech Fuel Gauge and Sender that can help me figure out how it's all wired together? :-)

I've got a Racetech Gauge and Fuel Sender, am doing my wiring diagrams for the rebuild of the Westy, but not really sure how they're all wired together. Does anyone have a diagram or can do a very 'rough and ready' one that I can use as a starting point?

Thanks in advance!

Ben.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.