Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: dellorto 45 carbs for ford crossflow
kelloggs

posted on 27/4/08 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
dellorto 45 carbs for ford crossflow

I have the opportunity of acquireing a pair of dellorto 45 carbs they were originally fitted to a 2lt pinto previouse owner had great difficulty getting them set up & running, after spending a lot of money cleaning and getting new jets had no success, the new jets fitted for the pinto were;-
main 142
idle 60
air 177.5
emul 7772.7
pump 38
original jets were;-
main 160
idle 50
air 230
emul 7772.8
pump 42
as anyone had any success with running dellorto 45 on a 1600 crossflow. Also were can I obtain a inlet manifold for said item

StuartBJ

posted on 27/4/08 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
I once had twin 45 dellortos and went through the same thing, refurb/re-jetting etc......mystery.

Even though they are meat to be a little more powerful and an improvement over the webber design I would avoid future use unless they were brand spanking new!

But thats just my experience!

wonderfulweasel

posted on 27/4/08 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
I think Burton Power do the manifolds brand new. They also appear second hand on Ebay fairly regularly.

Is your engine standard or modified? They may be a bit overkill on a standard 1600 crossflow.

MikeRJ

posted on 27/4/08 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wonderfulweasel
Is your engine standard or modified? They may be a bit overkill on a standard 1600 crossflow.

Agreed, the 135bhp Caterham Supersprint managed on 40DCOEs, so going for 45's with a lower state of tune is only going to hurt driveability.

gazza285

posted on 27/4/08 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wonderfulweasel
They may be a bit overkill on a standard 1600 crossflow.

All depends on what size venturi have been fitted, my old crossflow ran fine on 45s.

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andybod

posted on 27/4/08 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
i have a pair of dellorto 45's on my crossflow allthough it is running 1600cc it's at quite a high state of tune for a crossflow
kelloggs

posted on 27/4/08 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the replies, work carried out on engine was complete re-bore, head skimmed, lead free seats fitted, re-grind crank, new cam followers, fast road camshaft, fly wheel faced and lightened. have not yet fitted electronic ignition. Any suggestions on what size jets for 1600 crossflow
tcr

posted on 27/4/08 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
hi ive just had the same problem with 45 dellorto's including 5 hours on rolling road ,save yourself alot of time and money try to go the bike carb route if possdont know if this is any good for you
http://members.aol.com/dvandrews/dellorto.htm
[Edited on 27/4/08 by tcr]

[Edited on 27/4/08 by tcr]

MK MIDI ZX10R
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4393256076054.2182513.1427988207&type=1&l=64c91c3c17
why isnt anything simple!!!
torquetune.co.uk
nrpexhausts.co.uk

rusty nuts

posted on 27/4/08 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
I have a set of weber 40 DCOEs with a cross flow manifold that I'm not going to be using . Carbs would need an overhaul and rejetting , open to offers
paulf

posted on 27/4/08 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
They look nice, but as already mentioned I would go for bike carbs or throttle bodys as setting them up is expensive and there never very economical.
Paul.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.