Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: raceleda calipers, help plz
finlay

posted on 22/5/08 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
raceleda calipers, help plz

hi all

just doing one of the final jobs before completion, Bleeding the Brakes, rears bleed fine but i m having problems with the front raceleda,

i m defenetly getting fluid right up to the calipers but they dont seem to be filling up, i took off the flexi pipe and had a look inside the caliper and descovered that the fluid is dead heading because there is no hole (on the female/caliper fitting) to let the fluid into the calipers, instead there are 2 holes on the inside of the threaded part of the caliper, top and bottom, my flexi hose fitting is like this

and it doenst have 2 holes on the thraded part to let the fluid into the calipers

i have checked all 4 flexi pipes and they are are all the same fitting

is this what everyone else has or do they have different fittings

any help would be appriciated

cheers
Finlay

mike smith1

posted on 22/5/08 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds to me like you need some kind of banjo type fitting, i'm sure someone will come along later to confirm!

Mike

viatron

posted on 22/5/08 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
we had a similar problem with our hi spec calipers, wrong flexi had been supplied as we actually needed a banjo union at the caliper end.
HTH

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
PAUL FISHER

posted on 22/5/08 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
I have the raceleda calipers I have used a tapered union,sorry can't rember what thread,but it seals on the threads with it being tappered,and not in the seat inside the caliper as yours does.
Agriv8

posted on 22/5/08 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
I made some Flexsis up myself ( post SVA )

I seem to remeber the thread was 1/8th npft or somthin like that thogh I seem to remeber is it stamped on the caliper next to the hole ?

Regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

grub

posted on 22/5/08 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
make sure the union is not going all the way in a botteming out on the piston because they are taperd unions
Krismc

posted on 22/5/08 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
I had same pipe work and ends (im sure) and mine worked fine!

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

marc n

posted on 22/5/08 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
hi finlay

by the look of the pic it looks like that is the bulkhead fitting end, where the pipe comes through the body
the end you need to put into the raceleda caliper is approx 10mm long threadwise

i am at sva tomorrow morning but will be back late afternoon if that is not the case

cheers

marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
finlay

posted on 23/5/08 at 07:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc n
hi finlay

by the look of the pic it looks like that is the bulkhead fitting end, where the pipe comes through the body
the end you need to put into the raceleda caliper is approx 10mm long threadwise

i am at sva tomorrow morning but will be back late
afternoon if that is not the case

cheers

marc

ok cheers

i will give it a go, the other end is shorter but still has a straight thread so i m not sure if it will seal

hopefully it will

i will let you know

cheers

stuart_g

posted on 23/5/08 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
Shouldn't there be a copper washer on that fitting to make it seal against the caliper?

There should have been 4 in the brake pipe kit along with the half nuts.

finlay

posted on 23/5/08 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
swapped ends of hoses and all seems to be fine, no leaks detected so far

cheers

marc n

posted on 26/5/08 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Shouldn't there be a copper washer on that fitting to make it seal against the caliper?

yes there should be they come packaged up from goodridge like that

quote:

swapped ends of hoses and all seems to be fine, no leaks detected so far

as soon as i saw the post i knew it would be that as someone else did the same just last week, at least it was a quick fix

cheers

marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.