Board logo

Mac 1 or Mk
baldeagle - 1/7/08 at 03:43 PM

Been looking still for a while and got it down to these two based on what i have been reading on here.
So what are you own views on the kits mentioned above, honset opinions please, and im going bike engine.

eznfrank - 1/7/08 at 03:46 PM

No matter what you've read before or what peoples responses are, my advice would be to go and drive them both, and maybe a few others while you're in the area.

Jon Ison - 1/7/08 at 03:59 PM

Pretty much as above, if its the old indy v Mac 1 then IMHO its your call, if its the new spec indy then no contest.

PAUL FISHER - 1/7/08 at 04:00 PM

Your not going to go far wrong with either of those kits,both good helpfull companys to deal with,both within 15 miles of each other,so you need to visit both companys,but I would take a good look at MK's new Indy spec-R,it costs £600 more than the original Indy,but the drive and handling are much improved.

Here's a video of my Indy-R zx10r

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXX5wJbwYSM

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

sucksqueezebangblow - 1/7/08 at 04:13 PM

Go for the one with the tubular chassis, much stronger for the weight than box section.

jos - 1/7/08 at 05:20 PM

My vote goes to MAC#1 but I would also advise that you go and see both, try both and then place the order for either the 9R or probably 9R worX

asn163 - 1/7/08 at 06:08 PM

As per the above, you really need to visit both of them for a chat , have a look at the cars and see who you feel more comfortable to deal with.

JIZZSTER - 1/7/08 at 07:57 PM

Hi good luck I was in your position 2 months ago and came down to these two cars. I live down in essex never been to either factory phoned them both a few times asked questions etc as a 1st time builder. I did it completly blind so probably not a good person to comment. I finally went Mac1 purely on building a rapport with Mark and Colin the kits seem very simular both look amazing and you wont go wrong with either

steve

baldeagle - 2/7/08 at 06:47 AM

Right so it seems that i now need to have a run out in one or the other and go see them.
The only other kit ive been out in was a mastes robin hood and i thought that was very dull and boring, so want the whoooosh bike engine factor, thanks for your input fellas