Board logo

3d cage drawing required
Mr Whippy - 29/5/08 at 10:18 AM

hmm this could be a problem, I can't mind how to do that, e-mail query I got back -

Thanks for your enquiry.
Whilst a drawing will give us a good idea of the design you want we would not be able to make a cage from it.
We would need a drawing with 'x,y,and z' co-ordinates to produce a design without having your car.
Single diagonals in the rear will be adequate and a diagonal in the roof section preferable.
If you need any further info. please call.
Regards, Roger.

- any ideas???

[Edited on 29/5/08 by Mr Whippy]

Hammerhead - 29/5/08 at 10:47 AM

is this a job for solidworks?

Maybe you could mock a cage up in plastic plumbing tube, that way they can take radiuses etc.

Mr Whippy - 29/5/08 at 11:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hammerhead
is this a job for solidworks?

Maybe you could mock a cage up in plastic plumbing tube, that way they can take radiuses etc.

to rusty to do it in 3D myself, but the plastic tube idea is very good

mcerd1 - 29/5/08 at 11:41 AM

send me a copy of your drawing and I'll have a go with this if you like:

http://www.tekla.com/uk/Pages/Default.aspx

nasty-bob - 29/5/08 at 11:41 AM

if you're stuck send me a sketch with dims and I'll knock up a drawing over the weekend if you like, shouldn't take long.

Mr Whippy - 29/5/08 at 11:54 AM

Thanks for the kind offers, much appreciated. Though I think I should have clarified that I haven't done them in CAD yet as I was trying to find out first what format they required. I will however get right too work on it when I get home, should be a few hours work.

Thanks again

nasty-bob - 29/5/08 at 12:13 PM

they just need the co-ords for the start, end and bends relative to a datum. It's not a format issue.

Cheers

Mr Whippy - 29/5/08 at 12:23 PM

ok, hopefully from my 2d drawing someone could manage to do a quick 3d one

cheers