Board logo

406 estate FS 2.1TD 1998
locoboy - 21/4/10 at 12:06 PM

Guys i have finished the repair on my Passat so the 406 has to go.

I will upload some pics once it has had a wash!

Details are

2.1TD (110Bhp)
406 estate LX Green ( dark bottle green)
143K miles
2 front tyres have done 2K miles
I have owned it for the last 5 years and it has been trouble free and an excellent performer.
Towbar fitted (only used to tow the kit car to and from SVA)
Roof rails
very clean interior (seat covers on for the last 5 years apart from when i have been on holiday in it) although the boot is used to carry my dog about so there will be dog hairs in there ever after it being hovered!
Since i have had it i have only had to replace the aux belt tensioner, a pair of lower wishbones because the bushes has begun to wear, a pair of front ARB droplinks, a pair of rear camber adjustment links, the clutch master cylinder, Exhaust, pair of handbrake cables.

Bodywise i think its in good shape for its age, small bubble of rust by the nearside tailgate light, parking scrape on the very front underside of the front valance, stone chips, a couple of car park door opening dinks.
The car starts and drives as it should with no excessive smoke.

The air con clutch rattles and needs replacing (the air con still works but it does rattle and im not convinced it disengages properly so a new AC clutch would be welcomed)
I have full confidence in this car and used it last year to go on family campting trip to Scotland from the midlands, i used it to go to the wast coas of Scotland just before Christmas and up to North yorkshire last month, im just upgrading to a newer car.
It consitently returns 38mpg to cand from work on B roads for me and on motorway runs it will turn in 40-42mpg.
Service wise it has been fully serviced before i got it, and i have kept it so since i have had it, all services at 7K miles have been carried out by me. I have misplaced the service book ( which i never filled in when i serviced it myself anyway and i have paperwork receipts etc from the previous owner. (im the 3rd owner).

It could do with a pair of tyres on the back, if it passes MOT with them on then thats how it will stay, if it wont pass because of them then i will replace them.

I will be sending it for MOT this week (runs out mid May) and if it passes with minimal work, which it should as i'm not one of these who waits for the car to fail MOT before i maintain it!( it only needed 2 bulbs and a reg plate last year) i will be looking for £700 for it with 12 months MOT.

The car is in Telford Shropshire and im happy for anyone to come and have a look if your serious.

If you want to know anything else in particular then just ask.

Thanks
Colin

RobLyon - 21/4/10 at 02:45 PM

I'd like to register interest on behalf of my brother. I've sent him the link and will get back to you,

Rob

[Edited on 21/4/10 by RobLyon]