Board logo

Ally tube - 2.5" inside diameter about 10" long
Simon - 20/11/06 at 09:22 PM

Has anyone got a bit of ally tube - 2.5" inside diameter (1/8" wall thickness) about 10" long or suggestions where to get it from.

Need it to connect my intercoolers and plenum.

Thanks

ATB

Simon

[Edited on 20/11/06 by Simon]

MkIndy7 - 20/11/06 at 09:35 PM

An old boiler Flue (like a combi) if you just happen to find one or have one hanging around somewhere!

The inner flue piece might be about that size, the wall thickness may vary tho.

andyb64 - 20/11/06 at 09:42 PM

It just so happens that I have some ally pipe left over from a flue kit. I don't know the dimensions but I can check in the morning. I also don't think that the quality of the alloy is good.

Andy...

mark chandler - 20/11/06 at 09:43 PM

I,ve got some 2", you could split it and add a bit, just turn the ugly bit to the bottom.

Regards Mark

MkIndy7 - 20/11/06 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andyb64
I also don't think that the quality of the alloy is good.

Andy...

Hmm, I've got a bit polished up as an extension piece from the backbox on the tin-top to stop it scorching the bumper!

Not sure what it'd be like for tranna weld etc but it polished up ok,
Plenty of wet n dry and a Dremmel with metal polish
Sparkling!

(think that was about 3" but it comes in all sorts of sizes depending on the make/model of boiler)

marc laptop - 20/11/06 at 10:08 PM

might have that , i know ive got a 6m length of alloy tube just cant remember what dia got it for an air intake system will check tomorrow

cheers

marc

Volvorsport - 20/11/06 at 11:36 PM

ive got some 2 inch straight , ive also got some intercooler plumbing from an ovlov thats 2.5 , might pay to look down some scrappys .

rav - 23/11/06 at 07:47 PM

I work fabrication stainless exhausts, we have loads of stainless offcuts but its mainly 1.5mm wall, OD'd of 1.5",1.75", 2", 2.25",2.5", 2.75",3",some 60mm and few smaller sizes.
There is some aly tubing in the corner though, not sure what sizes, will have a look tommorow.
Also got an hydraulic tube expanding maching at work - like a mandrel made out of segments which slides inside the end of the tube so the diameter can be increased to whatever you want.
Whats it for?
Mark