Board logo

Be careful with that Angry grinder!!!
DaveFJ - 27/4/09 at 09:57 AM

Linky

OUCH!!!!

omega0684 - 27/4/09 at 10:02 AM

dam those kick backs!

Steve Hignett - 27/4/09 at 10:03 AM

Should of been wearing his rubber/plastic goggles, they would definitely of prevented that...

To be fair, that description does sound like it probably pinched a bit...

aka Keith - 27/4/09 at 10:03 AM

aaaa, even without images that is making me feel sick

Mr Whippy - 27/4/09 at 10:10 AM

22cm disk?? at that size and power you should always have the guard on then things like that won't happen. Was probably holding it with one hand too

aerosam - 27/4/09 at 10:28 AM

i think I'm going to barf...

Bmmmwwwwwwwuuuuuuuuughhhhhh!

DaveFJ - 27/4/09 at 10:39 AM

In a way these kind of stories always help to keep us aware of the dangers that we can get a bit blase' about.....

nick205 - 27/4/09 at 11:20 AM

Nasty

Guy I worked with once got a disc that size stuck in his foot whilst "trimming" some corrugated roofing panels. Went through the top of his saftey boot - nearly lost his foot and still hobbles badly.

Happens quicker than you can blink and it takes a few minutes for it to fully register afterwards too.

tomprescott - 27/4/09 at 11:41 AM

Its amazing how some people disregard the danger that using tools can cause....

A local builder I know cut some 2x4 on his lap with a circular saw, That was six months off work for him while his leg recovered!

Mr Whippy - 27/4/09 at 11:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tomprescott
A local builder I know cut some 2x4 on his lap with a circular saw

thick as mince

iank - 27/4/09 at 11:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tomprescott
Its amazing how some people disregard the danger that using tools can cause....

A local builder I know cut some 2x4 on his lap with a circular saw, That was six months off work for him while his leg recovered!

Lucky it was just his leg, couple of inches could have got him a darwin award.

40inches - 27/4/09 at 04:42 PM

Was cutting a section out of the chassis last winter with a 9" angry grinder and the tube gripped the blade(stress relieve?) took about a third of the blade off, grinder spun under my left arm and cut into my Dickie's winter overalls under the armpit, at which point it snagged in the insulation and stopped I had a bruise from my elbow, up my arm and up to my collar bone on my chest. I was wearing a full face visor and rigger gloves, the whole episode took a split second and I ended up on my backside against the garage wall 4ft behind me!!!!
Only use 4" grinder now

carpmart - 28/4/09 at 10:40 AM

That really sounds painful. The guy will never forget that accident every time he shaves he will remember!

Tough lesson!

Badger_McLetcher - 28/4/09 at 09:01 PM

I remember the time that me and my mate beaver were cleaning the underside of my mini to weld in a new floor and sills. I was using a wire brush in a angle grinder and it snagged on a piece of metal, ripping it out of my hands and straight at beaver! Luckilly it was the one with a dead mans handle and landed harmlessly at his feet, very lucky!