Board logo

Build Blog
grusks2 - 29/11/08 at 04:50 PM

I want to do a online build blog, how do i go about it, what do i need, do i have to get a web address, is there a program to use.

Ive been taking lots of photos and wrote it all up on word so far, but no one can see it apaprt from me

Thanks

Spence

nasty-bob - 29/11/08 at 04:55 PM

I use Cardomain.

Its not perfect but does the trick, and is easy to use.

Cheers

001Ben - 29/11/08 at 04:57 PM

there was a thread on here recently ( within last 2 weeks) about web hosting companies, there was a couple of suggestions on there.

RK - 29/11/08 at 05:01 PM

I've got pics and comments on Google Picasaweb. Free and easy for those of us with no patience. I just send links to whomever asks.

Hammerhead - 29/11/08 at 05:03 PM

or just do it on a blog like blogger.com

eta, you can cut and paste the text out of word into it.

[Edited on 29/11/08 by Hammerhead]

RK - 29/11/08 at 05:32 PM

The blogs are easy, but they always seem to put the latest information first, making a historical timeline hard to read.

bassett - 29/11/08 at 06:21 PM

Had the same thoughts before i started mine, found Blogspot very easy to get along with - see mine below

coozer - 29/11/08 at 07:17 PM

Blogger

Dead easy to setup, check mine below

grusks2 - 30/11/08 at 01:59 PM

Blogger it is then started it this morning,

The time line is a bit back to front, as you have to start from the bottom and work up.

Is there a away of making a set of albums, eg being able to click on say " engine" and up pops all the pics of the engine etc

ps my blog so far, my car is 3/4 quauters done i recon, but got lots of pics and words to upload to the blog ( job for the xmas hols )

http://mac1worxbuild.blogspot.com/

grusks2 - 30/11/08 at 07:45 PM

After playing with
blogger & wordpress, word press it is,

Its a little harder to work with but its more what im after......i hope

wordpress