Board logo

good day bad day
daniel mason - 11/5/09 at 03:51 PM

well my day started really bad.i had sva re test at carlisle today and after a week of calling local dvla to arrange an inspection (paperwork sent in 2 weeks ago) i was told by them that they did not have my papers. i called royal mail who said it will be at carlisle post office as i had not paid enough postage! my car passed sva which put me in a great mood!! after sva i went to the post office and they said my papers have been sent to returns department in belfast and will be at least 4 weeks until they return them to me! so good day+bad day really

SteveWalker - 11/5/09 at 04:34 PM

Jesus, that's going to be a hard wait.

A couple of months ago we returned my wife's tax disk to the DVLA for a refund (she can't drive due to illness). I went to the local postbox and found they'd changed the times and I had to drive elsewhere trying not to miss the last post on the last day of the month. In the panic of the moment, I found that I'd missed the last post entirely, put the envelope in the postbox in disgust and then realised I'd forgotten to put a stamp on at all. It was apparently delivered fine and even though it wasn't collected from the postbox until the next month had started, they still credited the extra month.

donut - 11/5/09 at 04:49 PM

At least you passed!!

iain b - 11/5/09 at 07:10 PM

good news daniel ,at least the hard bits out of the way

daniel mason - 11/5/09 at 08:39 PM

thanks guys. i suppose it will give me a few weeks to remove sva trim and fit the nice bits!

iain b - 11/5/09 at 08:42 PM

it just does not seem easy to sort things out at the moment does it .nothing runs smoothly

busakid - 11/5/09 at 08:45 PM

there easy bits to finish now daniel,should have sva bits of easy cheers richard

daniel mason - 11/5/09 at 09:07 PM

thanks for your help richard. much appreciated!

richardh - 12/5/09 at 08:28 AM

well done on the pass