Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Antiroll Bars
Mr.P

posted on 14/11/20 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Antiroll Bars

Hi Guys

Had my Tiger Avon now for 2 years, bilstein make me some new coilovers which are amazing, after speaking to other guys with seven chassis cars everyone seems to think fitting ARBS is worth while.

Mine is purely a track car and handles well but think it can be better and ARBS seem the next project

Question is has anyone fitted any to an Avon and where from??

procomp

posted on 17/11/20 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hi. yes, made a few ARBs for various tigers.

ARBs are only used as a fine tuning device when racing. If you have dampers that are made for the car to work correctly there is no need for ARBs as your dampers compression / rebound valving with correct spring rates should be controlling the weight transfer correctly and not needing ARBs to reduce body roll.
Most people fit ARBs because they don't understand that the dampers fitted are valved incorrectly for their vehicle causing issues with the basic handling.
And when fitting ARBs most fit them without doing research on what strength bars are required.
Even when fitting ARBs to the race cars it is not a case of one bar fits all, i have a range of differing materials to make 9 different strengths of bar and some drivers use two different strengths for different tracks for instance a setup for Cadwell park will be totally different to somewhere like Silverstone.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.