Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Looking for a new toy Tiger Cat
big_wasa

posted on 31/1/21 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
To be fair the R6 is very different to the Cat.
Mat is also very uncomplimentary of an original Mk Indy with bugger all triangulation and pre bent tubing. All very good points if it’s a race car

procomp

posted on 9/2/21 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
The Tiger in that video could hardly be called a Tiger there was hardly any part of the original car left, not to mention it was completely illegal with Power to weight, 6 speed sequential gearbox, electronics fitted. I seem to recall it being disqualified from the championship on many grounds. !

The reason i do not rate Tiger cars very high is because the basic chassis construction accuracy is far from accurate, But as proved by the video if you are willing to spend copious amounts of time and effort anything can be made to work. In the case of that particular car it would have been cheaper to have built a Caterham to a superior spec.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jtskips

posted on 25/2/21 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
just spoke to garry the owner of this tiger he was running a type 9 straight cut box and not disqualified siltech racing set there car up with new front wish bones and uprights looks like they did a good job
tommy turtle

posted on 25/2/21 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
The Tiger in that video could hardly be called a Tiger there was hardly any part of the original car left, not to mention it was completely illegal with Power to weight, 6 speed sequential gearbox, electronics fitted. I seem to recall it being disqualified from the championship on many grounds. !

The reason i do not rate Tiger cars very high is because the basic chassis construction accuracy is far from accurate, But as proved by the video if you are willing to spend copious amounts of time and effort anything can be made to work. In the case of that particular car it would have been cheaper to have built a Caterham to a superior spec.

Hi. It was me that raced the Tiger for Gary in the video. It did not have a sequential gearbox, just a type 9 style box. Also, it was fitted with Siltech Racing suspension setup but the car was still primarily a Tiger with the heavy old dedion rear axle etc. Regarding electronics, as far as I’m aware it had nothing extra in use and the power to weight was tested to prove it was legal. In fact there was sod all between the car and Matthew Booths car down the straight and Rob Johnston’s car absolutely blew us away down the Bentley straight. It was NOT disqualified either. The simple fact is that the car was definitely very improved with Siltechs suspension setup and i could go into and get out of corners so much quicker due to how well it was set up. You’ll notice that I lost ground at the first 1/3 of the race as the tyres were very old and I couldn’t get heat into them quick enough but once I did then we never looked back.

It looks like sour grapes to me that we beat the contenders especially with the false information being spread about!!!

Cheers. Tom

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.