Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I-Phone 4 or Samsung Galaxy S2 ??
Matt_C

posted on 12/9/12 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
Galaxy S2! Had both and the S2 and 3GS (played on the 4 enough as well), S2 wins hands down on features, ease of use and compatibility with everything else. Most of the time you can find much better contracts as well, you don't pay the Apple tax, but I have not looked at specific contracts since my last one almost a year ago.
sickbag

posted on 12/9/12 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
have you thought about buying a phone (or even keep the ones you have) and getting a sim only deal? I'm with Vodafone on their monthly sim only contract (was on full contracts for the past 10 years) and currently pay £15.50 for 300mins, unlimited text, 250MB data and 500MB BT Open Connect + Blackberry service - although I've already got unlimited BT OC through my home phone.

I know you want more minutes but there are much better deals out there if you shop around - seems you're paying twice as much as me for the same benefits.

Finally back on the job!

Davegtst

posted on 12/9/12 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
I've got the s2 and my wife has the iphone 4s. Imo mine is a far better phone and the vast majority of apps are free whereas ones for the iphone usually cost a few quid each. If possible I would steer well clear of orange I've had no end of trouble with calls being dropped all the time, friend on orange also day the same thing.
Slimy38

posted on 12/9/12 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
If possible I would steer well clear of orange I've had no end of trouble with calls being dropped all the time, friend on orange also day the same thing.

I moved from Orange to T mobile because of this... then they merged their networks...

FASTdan

posted on 12/9/12 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp

PS. The GF has a HTC Desire, with FB on it constantly has lack of storage problems.

[Edited on 12/9/12 by procomp]

Yes actually thats the one nagging issue with the desire - a well known bug but not on any of the other HTC's as far as I know.

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
scudderfish

posted on 12/9/12 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FASTdan
quote:
Originally posted by procomp

PS. The GF has a HTC Desire, with FB on it constantly has lack of storage problems.

[Edited on 12/9/12 by procomp]

Yes actually thats the one nagging issue with the desire - a well known bug but not on any of the other HTC's as far as I know.

My wife's Wildfire S can be tight for space, but my Desire S is has never given me trouble. Having said that both our phones are now obsolete anyway

ernie

posted on 12/9/12 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Wife has S2 and I'm ugrading to an S2.

PANDE FIRE & SECURITY SYSTEMS

Not Anumber

posted on 12/9/12 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
my daughter has an S2 and loves it.
I need to change my own phone soon and am trying to make up my mind. I like the look of the iPhone 4S and the seamless way the Apple software works but am put off by the signal strength as i don't have strong coverage where i live so am likely to end up with an S2 or S3.

Andybarbet

posted on 12/9/12 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
Im edging towards the S2 but have not touhed one yet so will try and have a play with one before I commit to anything.

I used an Iphone 4 today for ten mins & have to say its very impressive, considering ive not used one of these types of phones before. Cant wait to try a samsung if they are as good as the replys on here suggest

Slimy38

posted on 13/9/12 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
As is typical with this sort of thing, after singing the praises of an S2 I've just had my first major failure. Last night the phone just went completely dead, from having about 80% left on the battery. It was really difficult to get it charged again, but it's working again now. However I don't appear to be the only person having significant battery issues. Just looking online for 'Galaxy S2 dead battery' shows that it appears to be a software issue. It seems to 'forget' the status of the battery and ends up in a loop where it can't charge.

Just thought I'd mention it...

franky

posted on 13/9/12 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
To be honest it gets much of a much'ness.

They're all good phones, Apple are aware of this, if you go samsung/sony/htc you can't go wrong.

The fact even the new ones are about £20month cheaper is just a bonus.

craig1410

posted on 13/9/12 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by major
In view of the release of Iphone5, Iphone4 seems a little "old".
Usually a new Iphone comes with a new / improved operating system, which might be slow on older Iphones..

Speculation Control...

As an iOS developer, I've had iOS 6 running on my iPhone 4 (not 4S) for about 3 months now and it is great. The iPhone 4 is also still going to be an active model even now the iPhone 5 has been announced so no reasons not to get one.

MRLuke

posted on 13/9/12 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
I have a Desire HD and after 2 years its getting to the end of its life really. Works fine just the on/off and volume button needs a clean out from the inside.

As for wear and tear, I went swimming in the sea and didnt realise till I came out that my phone was in my pocket. That was over a year ago now and it still works

http://i.imgur.com/39VZc.jpg

franky

posted on 13/9/12 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
remember you need an iphone 5 to use 4G!

It'll be nice when everywhere has 3g coverage.

Hellfire

posted on 13/9/12 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
I have a HTC Desire HD and have loved it for the past 18 months, although I'm currently considering buying an iPhone. The camera on the iPhone blinds the HTC and the operating system is just so much more user friendly. I like the build quality of the iPhones and I also like using iTunes. The Android market does have more apps available but the quality of them varies greatly.

One of the main reasons I chose the HTC originally, is because of the specification and screen size. Now that the iPhone has a larger screen and better specs, it's a serious contender as my next phone.

Phil

CNHSS1

posted on 13/9/12 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
ive just changed to a Galaxy s3. great phone, but really slippery, lasted 3 days before i dropped it and screen shattered. 200 quid repair...

wifes iphone 4 gets 7 shades of shi... dirt knocked out of it and works fine.
if you buy an S3 buy a gel case so they bounce. better battery life than the iphone
lighter than iphone and bigger screen area

imho, nowt to choose between they in reality, pros and cons with both

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.