Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MNR wiring loom - Fan Operation
Krismc

posted on 18/4/09 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
MNR wiring loom - Fan Operation

I didnt get a diagram with my wiring loom just colours marked with where to connect them, does any one know which relay, fuse and wires operate the fan and fan switch because mine does not operate the fan when engine gets hot. i have to manually override this with switch on dash.

cheers kris

[Edited on 18/4/09 by Krismc]

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

GeorgeM

posted on 18/4/09 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
snap, mine's the same, but override not working either!! Got to try to sort it this week

I don't think there is a proper schematic for the loom mnr supply, wish there was though

GeorgeM

Krismc

posted on 19/4/09 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
Yea its a bit hard to trace on a sealed loom that uses the same colour wires on many things- and colours that change at relays and fuses.?!?

Ill let you know once i take a close look

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Krismc

posted on 31/3/11 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Still no luck on this, fan just doesnt cut in on its own.

Anyone have a electrical wiring diagram ??

daniel mason

posted on 31/3/11 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
Is your raditor fan temp switch working?Where have you piped it into the coolant system ? Or is it built into the radiator?

Krismc

posted on 31/3/11 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
Is your raditor fan temp switch working?Where have you piped it into the coolant system ? Or is it built into the radiator?

Rad, you got a diagram or just the dreaded list?

Id like too know which relay etc its worked off

[Edited on 31/3/11 by Krismc]

daniel mason

posted on 31/3/11 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
the only thing i could suggest is to put everything on and disconnect relays and fuses 1 at a time! this way you will identify all that is working as well as the one which is not!

Krismc

posted on 4/4/11 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
I took car out on weekend and forgot too put the fan on my self, the fan kicked in automatically and cuts back of, brings the light on on the fan overide button too let me know, and even it i turn switch on and off it stays on until temp drops and stays on with ignition off, i think i must of had a sticky switch, i did fit the rad switch in 2006 and its never been used since, but its working now

first350

posted on 4/4/11 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
if it stays on even w/ the ignition off, be careful it doesn't drain the battery...
iain b

posted on 4/4/11 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
the fan will stay on until temp goes down even with key turned off
Krismc

posted on 4/4/11 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by first350
if it stays on even w/ the ignition off, be careful it doesn't drain the battery...

Thats the correct way for it to be wired, ill just have to sit at idle before i switch off, as ive only got a small battery

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.