Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zx9r clutch fiting
jlayton

posted on 9/5/12 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
zx9r clutch fiting

as above really need to change the clutch on my zx9r mk. iv fitted loads of car clutch's etc but never tackled a bike clutch, has anyone got any tips or pictures i can see before i tackle it

cheers

Wadders

posted on 9/5/12 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Can't help with any pics, but its simpler than a simple thing to do, and fairly self explanatory once you remove the cover.

Just undo the ring of 6mm bolts which have springs behind them, and remove the top plate, you can then take each friction
plate etc out of the clutch basket one by one.

just make a note of the order as you strip it out, and reverse when assembling.

Al.

Moorron

posted on 9/5/12 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
I would add to soak the new friction plates in oil before fitting them, or atleast wet them over when you fit them into the hub. Its really easy to do, makes a car look horrible and i did mine in minutes not hours. Just be carefull will all the bolts, they dont need racking up just a nice manly nip (with locktight).

Also if the ZX9 is like the ZX12 when taking the cover off, you have to turn the release arm (the bit the cable attaches too) as it wont just pull straight off, but still easy.

Sorry about my spelling, im an engineer and only work in numbers.

jlayton

posted on 10/5/12 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
iv took the clutch out today it is a zx9r c1, is it rite for the friction plates not to go/face the same way. also i was replacing the clutch as when driving semi hard it dont like coming down the gear box at all, sounds like your trying to grind the gearbox teeth off. the clutch i took out seems just as good as the new 1 though. so could it be a gearbox problem i.e selector or something

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.