Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sierra diff identification - Help needed
xico_ze54

posted on 14/5/12 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Sierra diff identification - Help needed

hi there

someone can tell me the conclusion about a Sierra differential with this identification plate:

83BG-4030-BA 004-BA or
83BG-4030-BA D04-BA

this because that was told me by email, not by my own inspection. the car that was taken for was a Sierra 2.0 DOHC and the guy says that is a LSD one. that code corroborate that or not.

thanks in advance
Amadeu

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
austin man

posted on 14/5/12 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=85080

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Chippy

posted on 14/5/12 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
Can't say that the numbers given mean anything to me, don't seem to tie up with any I am aware of. The 2 ltr DOHC two wheel drive, I believe was fitted with the 3.92 diff, and I don't think it was an LSD, there was a four wheel drive 2 ltr which I believe was fitted with an LSD, but don't know what tthe ratio was. HTH Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

minitici

posted on 15/5/12 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xico_ze54
hi there

someone can tell me the conclusion about a Sierra differential with this identification plate:

83BG-4030-BA 004-BA or
83BG-4030-BA D04-BA

this because that was told me by email, not by my own inspection. the car that was taken for was a Sierra 2.0 DOHC and the guy says that is a LSD one. that code corroborate that or not.

thanks in advance
Amadeu

Those numbers are the casting numbers for the rear cover on the differential - you can't tell anything about the type or ratio of the differential from that.

The differential would have s small metal tag attached to one of the bolts holding on the rear cover - from that the ratio and type can be determined.

Failing that you would be best to get the rear cover off and the ratio is usually painted onto the crownwheel and you can see if the unit is an LSD or open differential.

xico_ze54

posted on 15/5/12 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
I said the guy who has the diff that the numbers were in a aluminum tag bolted on top of rear cover, but I see he couldn't catch it.
thank you again for trying to help.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
petew

posted on 26/6/13 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Got a diff the same number ratio is 3.43 my problem is the standard diff oil seals do not fit standard is 62-43-12 but you check it is about 55mm nobody can tell me were this came from

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.