Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Group buy of wider front Avon wishbones
Northy

posted on 13/11/14 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
Group buy of wider front Avon wishbones

I hope this is ok on here?

There is a chance to do a group buy on a batch of Avon front wishbones. The details are on the Tiger Owners Club forum, but I could link it here if I was allowed?

G

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 14/11/14 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
Hi graham, not seen you post in a while!

I can't imagine Chris would mind, and he's unlikely to see this specific post to give you the OK, so I'd say just go for it!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Northy

posted on 14/11/14 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Joel,

Life got in the way......
Just starting to organise getting the car sorted over winter for next summer

Anyway, here's the link to the deal:

http://forums.tigerownersclub.co.uk/post/show_single_post?pid=1285002249&postcount=1

Details:

"Last time I'm going to do these as too many projects mean that I just don't have the time.

Oval Tube Mig Welded, increases the front track approx. 4" and is a good step to reducing the over steer present in the Avon front geometry. Supplied complete with top camber adjuster and properly machined poly bush tubes. I supply these with the bottom shock mount supplied separately so you can get it welded on yourself as the type and length of shock you have will dictate its position. Price if for a full front end set i.e. 2 X front top with built in camber adjuster and 2 X Front bottom. You will need to retrofit the top transit drag link with a slightly different one but the QH part number is included.

A quick search of the forum will bring up reviews etc.

One off £250 a set plus £10 p&p or if I can get a group buy of 5 or more together I will do them at £225 + £10 p&p.

Anyone interested in buying the jigs please get in touch, I can supply the full jigs along with contact details of suppliers for the tube, camber adjusters, bottom shock bracket etc"

G

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rodgling

posted on 14/11/14 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Surely increasing front track is going to increase grip at the front, with no change at the rear. So won't this increase oversteer, not reduce it?
Northy

posted on 14/11/14 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
I think it's a typo - I think it should say 'under'

G

Graham

velocitykendal

posted on 14/11/14 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rodgling
Surely increasing front track is going to increase grip at the front, with no change at the rear. So won't this increase oversteer, not reduce it?

In default setup the Avon's front track is quite a bit less than the rear and if you've ever pushed one hard into a corner you'll soon realise they suffer from inherent understeer. Widening the front track is one way of mitigating this to a degree, I know of one Avon that has these bones and it's been pretty successful.

nick205

posted on 14/11/14 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Presumably you're going to need track rod extensions to complete the conversion...?

jossey

posted on 14/11/14 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Myself and a few others bought some he is still making them and you can drop him a line to sort.

He did mine, top and bottom bones.

David

Avon user...

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

snakebelly

posted on 14/11/14 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry for the confusion it should indeed rounder under not over! Rack extensions may or may not be required, quite a few Avons have them already if they are factory built and some have been fitted without the need to fit longer ones. A replacement transit drag link will also be required as stated to fit the built in top camber adjuster. As also stated the lower shock mount is supplied loose as there are so many lengths of shock being used its better to supply loose for its to be welded to suite the shocks unless you're going to buy new slightly longer shocks as well.
I'll post some pics later but I'm on a twat pad at the moment and the album upload doesn't work

Btw the sale of the jigs has been agreed so this will definately be the last run of them from me

snakebelly

posted on 15/11/14 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote

Northy

posted on 18/11/14 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
It's still not too late if someone wants a set of these, but you need to be quick!

G

Graham

Northy

posted on 23/2/15 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Can anyone help me get in touch with snakebelly please?

G

Graham

locost7-online.com

posted on 4/4/15 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
What size tube is used for these? 30x15x2 flat sided oval?

Locost Xflow 150bhp injected! Sold :-(

Facebook blog https://www.facebook.com/Johns-Tiger-Avon-Build-814223212056368/
PLEASE NOTE THIS MEMBER IS NOT A TRADER.

locost7-online.com

posted on 5/4/15 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone re last post? Just curious

neilp1

posted on 6/4/15 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
I have some of these, but I'm away until 17th April. I'll check when I get home.
locost7-online.com

posted on 19/4/15 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
Neil you have u2u mate

Cheers

Antnicuk

posted on 10/11/15 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
are these still available?

600 BHP per ton, Stylus Brought back from the dead! Turbo Rotary Powered!

jossey

posted on 10/11/15 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Message snakebelly he makes them.

They are worth the money

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

JacksAvon

posted on 10/11/15 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Snakebelly no longer produces these, but I may have a brand new set tucked away somewhere.
cooperbloke67

posted on 24/5/20 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to resurrect a VERY old post, but does anyone know of a set of wide front Avon wishbones available to buy?
Northy

posted on 16/6/20 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Did anyone ever fit their wishbones?

G

Graham

neilp1

posted on 14/7/20 at 03:59 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah I've had them fitted to mine for 6 years
DJT

posted on 21/9/20 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, been fitted for many years. Very pleased. Couldn't live with the front narrow track.

I think Siltech Racing were going to start producing some. Not sure it ever happened.

If anybody is interested, I made full size diagrams of mine before fitting.

http://tigeravonbuilddiary.blogspot.com/

Mr.P

posted on 3/10/20 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
I`d be interested in these if they are still available??

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.