Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The DVLA are a bunch of incompetent monkeys - FACT
Jeffers_S13

posted on 20/9/06 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
The DVLA are a bunch of incompetent monkeys - FACT

I have been told there isnt a direct telephone number for any DVLA offices, BUT does anyone have know if there is a number for the Birmingham office ? if you have it can you PM it to me. I find it very hard to believe there isnt one. Failing that does anyone know the email address format for emailing someone that works for the DVLA ? The convoluted method of trying to get one of the plebs that works there to phone me back is a complete farce. Its takes about 5 phone calls to get anyone to return my call and then its usually some donkey that claims to know nothing about the registration process 'Err, so why the hell did you ring me then ?!?'

I am at the end of my tether in trying to sort registering my car. I am writing a letter of complaint covering every delay and farcical twist and turn I have had to endure during this impossibly drawn out process (too numerous to mention and mostly quite unbelievable). Dawn Holmes, the Birmingham DVLA office manager better have a big mug of tea when she attempts to follow the story so far.

Build pics : http://tinyurl.com/fuyh6

shortie

posted on 20/9/06 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
To be honest mate you are better getting in your car and going to the office and sorting it all out, seems to focus the mind when they have someone there in person.

Rich.

James

posted on 20/9/06 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
I'm 90% sure there will be a fax number on the website.

Just fax them and they'll call you back. Atleast, they did within about 30mins of me faxing them at Mitcham.

Have you SVA'd already?

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Jeffers_S13

posted on 20/9/06 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
Yep I passed SVA on Fri 11th Aug. I went to Brum DVLA office on Mon 14th Aug and started this registration process. Yet another inspection at another VOSA station not more the 3 miles from the one I was SVA'd at. After turning up for my first appointment, which was organised the day before as they told me the wrong date originally I was told the inspector was on holiday, 3hrs of my time and the hire of a trailer wasted. I turned up the next week and got inspected it took 5mins, but she read the wrong number on the block. I manged to get hold of her at the VOSA station as she hadnt left and she admitted she had read it wrong and I should get age realted as I put the correct number on the form that she will use. But yesterday I got a letter stating I will get Q as the number she read doesnt match !? and asking for another insurance cover note as the original has expired ! all because they are taking so long to sort the paperwork out. These are just some of the delays and problems I have encountered. I have phoned DVLA at least 12 times since the registration trying to get other stuff sorted out and of the 2 times I have got a recall from them the person has been unable to help me as they know nothing about the process or cant find information they need, despite me asking for the inspector to be the one to call me back. Its really, really starting to annoy me.

[Edited on 20/9/06 by Jeffers_S13]

oliwb

posted on 20/9/06 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like you've got very unlucky! Aberdeen DVLA office were fantastic with me. They DO have a direct line their just not supposed to hand it out to people. This is what the inspector told me as he gave me the number and his personal mobile number on the back of the piece of paper. He also went on to register my car using a faxed copy of my MAC and let me bring it in a week later to verify and issue the V5. I think its just a typical case of government run agencies. Some of them take pride in their work and are willing to bend the rules to help us out and some of them don't give a toss and will be as unhelpfull as they can....Hope you get better luck but to be honest I don't think a complaint will be worth the paper its written on. Better to keep hasseling until you get a result then make the most of it....Good luck. Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jeffers_S13

posted on 20/9/06 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Thankyou.

Yours Sincerely,

lazy searcher

Jeffers_S13

posted on 20/9/06 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Bugger, phone line is no longer in operation...

edit update: Faxing them with the heading...

*PLEASE CAN SOMEONE PHONE ME*

...in a giant font and naming the person on the fax seems to have done the trick. I have finally spoke to the person dealing with my application. Amid several excuses such as 'Ive been away', 'its a complicated task', 'we have lots of trays here so stuff can get lost' and 'my cat was sick this morning' there was actually an apology. She will deal with it on Friday :rolleyes: and hopefully sort out the Q plate confusion stuff. How much longer will this generally dry weather last though !?

[Edited on 20/9/06 by Jeffers_S13]

Guinness

posted on 20/9/06 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
Got to say in my own experience the DVLA were less than professional in my dealings with them, less than helpful and difficult to contact. As mentioned going to the office seemed to get results, but that's not practical for people who live a long way away from the office, or who can't take time off from work.

Like all government agencies that have a monopoly, service is at the bottom of the list of priorities.

I once got a letter from my local dvla office, stating as I hadn't taxed my car I had to pay a fine, and I had no choice in the matter. Funny thing was I lived less than 200 yards from their office at the time and the car was fully taxed. It wasn't like a copper / traffic warden had given me a ticket, I just got this letter out of the blue.

Wrote them a letter inviting them to come round and have a look at my tax disc, enclosing a photo of it, a photo of it on the windscreen and a scan of it. Never heard back from them, they just shut up.

Post Office must not have informed the DVLA that I had a disc.

Mike

David Jenkins

posted on 20/9/06 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeffers_S13
How much longer will this generally dry weather last though !?

Well, the arse-end of a hurricane is heading for the west coast of the UK at the moment - it's just got past the Azores in the mid-Atlantic...

Ian D

posted on 20/9/06 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Is it an o87 or 0845/0844 number. If so they get a kick back of about 1p per minute on each call placed. So giving out the local number means they lose this revenue stream.

yet another labour tax

JoelP

posted on 8/10/06 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
no update for 2 weeks, in fact he's not logged on for two weeks, so lets hope he's out there enjoying the car at last!
Peteff

posted on 8/10/06 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
I won't hold my breath.

DVLA Swansea have had my log book for 3 months to correct it, good job I don't need it for anything.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.