Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rolling road tuning Aberdeenshire
hoots_min

posted on 23/8/07 at 06:59 AM Reply With Quote
Rolling road tuning Aberdeenshire

Does anyone know of a rolling road tuning outfit in the Aberdeenshire (or close to) area?

Today is a good day: I achieved new heights of ineptitude.

Big Daz

posted on 23/8/07 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
We are going to use Wallace Performance in Aberdeen, depends on the ECU you have, but speak to Russ for advice.
Cheers

Daz

neilj37

posted on 23/8/07 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
Thinking of taking mine to wallace for a rolling road check (Just to confirm BHP) but do they need to access the ECU as I have an Alpha fitted and I think these can only be accessed by authorised people!
Big Daz

posted on 23/8/07 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
If its just for a rolling road run then, no I wouldn't think so, but if anything needs tweeked then probably Yes.
HTH

omega 24 v6

posted on 23/8/07 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
Theres also a guy in ellon that does rolling road tuning. Sorry I don't have any contact info at the moment.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

hoots_min

posted on 23/8/07 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info. Tracked down the guy (and gal) in Ellon, link is here. From contact so far, they seem really helpful, good looking website and facilities look good. Will let you know how it goes.
hoots_min

posted on 20/9/07 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
Well I have been and was well impressed. Took the car on the rolling road as the guy was about 6'7" and my seat is fixed in position! Got to sit in the passenger seat while he did a run on the machine; bloody impressive the fireblade engine as it runs up to max revs.

Anyway, car was putting out 129 bhp but had a nasty dip in power about 5,000 rpm. Was fuelling very rich and my idle was crap. End of day, dip had been levelled out, fuel rich improved significantly and idled sweetly. Different beast altogether, revs so much smoother and really nice to drive around town. Also picked up that my spark plugs were shot, replaced them and now fantastic.

Cost was smidgen under £500 , was it worth it? Yes, but my god it hurt paying for it.

Today is a good day: I achieved new heights of ineptitude.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.