Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: where to buy
jimbona2

posted on 31/3/08 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
where to buy

hi,
im going the throttle body route for my zetec but where can I buy the package, throttle bodies and all that fun stuff? or what bits make it up?

i know a bit more about what I need if I was going with carbs, i.e. the ecu, the 45 webers, the trumpets, wiring, gasket and inlet and exhaust manifolds but dont know anything about what I need for throttle bodies.

any knowledge on this appreciated!
thanks,

[Edited on 31/3/08 by jimbona2]

scotty g

posted on 31/3/08 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Raceline.
Dunnels.
Burton Power.

Werner Van Loock

posted on 31/3/08 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Jenvey throttle bodies if the pocket allows otherwise some R1 or GSX-R bike throttle bodies

A fuel&spark ECU, and again if the pocket allows a Weber alpha, dta, emerald, omex otherwise the common megasquirt or VEMS.

High pressure fuel pump with appropriate fuel filter, fuel return line, depending on throttle body setup a injection compatible fuel pressure regulator

And depending on your fuel tank maybe a swirltank (to avoid surges)

That's about it i think, other then carbs that is.

http://www.clubstylus.be

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cossiebri

posted on 31/3/08 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
Emerald sell a complete package

Linky

Not locost though !

[Edited on 31/3/08 by cossiebri]

If it doesn't fit MODIFY it!!
Cheers BriF

rusty nuts

posted on 31/3/08 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Got my throttle bodies from Ely bike breakers for £65.00 , made the manifold myself although I had to pay someone to weld the ally , total less than £60. Respacing the throttle bodies was easy enough. High pressure pump, swirl pot , extra fuel line about £100 . Emerald ECU was a christmas present , sensors about £40 and a 36 tooth wheel £30 although as you have a Zetec flywheel and possibly crank sensor you shouldn't need that . Rolling road cost £275 plus vat but worth every penny. Megasquirt costs less but probably more hassle getting it set up ? Hope this give you some idea of cost . Not difficult if you do some research..

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.