Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Why oh why?
Fred W B

posted on 30/5/08 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Why oh why?

Is it so easy to stay up an hour or two past the time you would usually go to sleep on a weeknight when you are busy with something in the garage or on the computer, when getting up again in the morning is so difficult?

Happens to me over and over, and every single time I say “Never again!”

Cheers

Fred W B

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

mookaloid

posted on 30/5/08 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
Me too

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Mr Whippy

posted on 30/5/08 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
I'm dead tired too

seems I'm usually up to 2:30 every night, hate getting up in the morning

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hammerhead

posted on 30/5/08 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
I prefer staying up late to getting up early, but my eight week old daughter has other ideas!!

I generally start waking up at about 10pm but then it's nearly time to go to bed again.

twybrow

posted on 30/5/08 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
I have averaged 3 hours per night for the last 3 weeks. Mornings hurt (i start a 7:30am). By lunch time I feel fine. Mid afternoon I get the secondary sleepy time, then in the evenings, I geta seconf wind to push me through into the small hours... Sleep is great, but only needed at weekends!

blakep82

posted on 30/5/08 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
i refuse to go to bed before midnight during the week, coz i hate my work and feel cheated into going to bed early as it means work comes quicker. silly i know, but thats how i feel. midnight became 1am, 1 am became 1.30... then 2...

i just want to quit no sign of another job yet though...

i can't handle mornings anymore...

[Edited on 30/5/08 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

nasty-bob

posted on 30/5/08 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
Sleep? whats that?

I tend to feel sort of hung over and sick if I have more than about 5.5 hours.

Keep it going Fred its like training and once you're used to it, the day becomes a few hours longer.

Cheers

blakep82

posted on 30/5/08 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
we had a security guard at my old work, he was south african and used to be a diamond miner (although he was a bit weird, so he might have been lying a lot about most things) he reckoned you only need 4 hours a day, and once you train yourself to be used to it, you can easily function on only 4 hours, and thats what he did every day

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

iank

posted on 30/5/08 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
we had a security guard at my old work, he was south african and used to be a diamond miner (although he was a bit weird, so he might have been lying a lot about most things) he reckoned you only need 4 hours a day, and once you train yourself to be used to it, you can easily function on only 4 hours, and thats what he did every day

Margaret Thatcher famously slept for only 4hrs a night, but I think it depends on the person.
However some medical statistics survey thing found that people who slept 7 hours a day lived longest on average.

The security guys at our place are often taking a nap when I leave the building at 10ish.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Fred W B

posted on 30/5/08 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for comments guys.

Others may be able to get by on less, but if I'm not asleep by 11 I really battle to get through the next day at work. My alarm goes off at 5.45, so I can get up at say 6.15 to leave for work by 7.

cheers

Fred w b

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

chrisg

posted on 30/5/08 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
I sometimes have to be up first thing in the afternoon.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

blakep82

posted on 30/5/08 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
^i'm the same... i don't get up til 8, my alarm goes off at 7.30, then 3 hits of snooze

Mr Whippy

posted on 30/5/08 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82

Margaret Thatcher famously slept for only 4hrs a night, but I think it depends on the person.
However some medical statistics survey thing found that people who slept 7 hours a day lived longest on average.

The security guys at our place are often taking a nap when I leave the building at 10ish.

yes Thatcher did say that, but she also was for ever falling asleep in the commons

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.