Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Re Mot No-Mot
david4

posted on 30/8/08 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
Re Mot No-Mot

Well tryed the post office to tax the car no joy(see post mot no mot) and then give the DVLA a ring and no joy there as they are on STRIKE...so put car on sorn for now,So today will be my last day out in the car as next week i,m on call with work,and the week after on holiday...But i,ll be back.
scutter

posted on 30/8/08 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
If your car is on a Q plate and under 3 years old or newly registered (not age related) then use this V112 Form and hand it in at the post office with the rest of your papers.

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
brynhamlet

posted on 30/8/08 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
I feel for you. I went to DVLA last week because my renewal form says it needs a MOT which it does not. DVLA office agrees and tells me they had put the first registered date of the donor not the MK. No problem the man said we will fix it. Do you want to tax it now. Stupid question, of course I do. To which he said have you got the insurance certificate. It would be at home having arrived during the week. I had driven already 40 miles out of my way home, presuming they could check on the computer. The computer which sends out the approvals can. Nope
Went home sulking. Same 40 mile detour this week with everything including cash in case debit cards don't work. Yes they are on strike. Another week in garage.
Only good side is I've got no excuse to put off clearing the garage out and doing all those little jobs on the MK I've been putting of for weeks.

A note for everybody else first registering their car for the first time, check the V5, if the date of first registration and t'other date is'nt the same it's wrong and send it back, with an explanatory note, or better still take it back to the DVLA office who first registered it, that is if they are not on strike!!

tjoh84

posted on 30/8/08 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
just had same problem a gave up and booked a mot
tjoh84

posted on 30/8/08 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
on phone at the moment they say no mot neededand take log book down. but i had done this all ready.
tjoh84

posted on 30/8/08 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
nope just got transfered to someone else.
the reson we all need a mot is because we dont have the dat the car was made hense the q plate
so we do need mot

DarrenW

posted on 1/9/08 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
On 1st registration DVLA local office issued tax disc. V5 then came from Swansea. On 2nd taxing 6 months later online said i needed MOT. Call to local office confirmed V5 had been set up wrong. I sent paperwork back into DVLA local office with cheque. They issued tax and sent log book off for me. All was well after that.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.