Board logo

Pic from last night !!
zilspeed - 5/6/04 at 09:16 PM

know this is much more important to me than everyone else, but I can't resist sharing this. One of the elise guys at Knockhill last night had a mate with him who was taking pics at the hairpin. He was kind enough to forward one to me.
I am soooooooo far off the apex it's not true, but I'm still chuffed as hell

colibriman - 5/6/04 at 09:33 PM

well done McStig...........im jealous.......

Hellfire - 5/6/04 at 09:37 PM

Me too!

Must have been great! Can't wait for our blat!!

tractorboy - 5/6/04 at 10:03 PM

still looks good mate ,and have you stopped grinning yet!!!!

zilspeed - 5/6/04 at 10:40 PM

Have I hell

As a matter of fact I've just bought a set of minilites and slicks.

Road driving ? Who needs road driving...

nicklondon - 6/6/04 at 07:10 AM

Nice pic Knockhill is on my list of circuits i have to vist.so it doesn't rain all the time there

timcrasher - 6/6/04 at 08:30 AM

Wot !
No opposite lock !Get back out there and try harder
Car looks good though. I agree with you about road driving. Trackdays are just too adictive. I'm starting to shake just looking at the photo. I need a fix

Browser - 6/6/04 at 08:57 AM

You're right you know, you are miles off the apex

(lucky sod!)

zilspeed - 6/6/04 at 10:31 AM

In actual fact, I got the back out on my first flying lap at that corner - I was behaving myself that time.
I certainly learnt that tyres can be much of a muchness on the road, but put them on the track and they show their true colours. Mine are rubbish. Marshall tyres fergawdsakes - on a locost !!
13" wheels and soft tyres going on soon.

Browser - 6/6/04 at 11:36 AM

Just out of curiosity, what diameter wheels are you running at present? I ask because a lot of people are fitting 15 & even 16 inch wheels to seven replicas, which must bugger up th eride compliance something awful, not to mention severely limiting your choice of tyres sticky enough to do a seven justice.

zilspeed - 6/6/04 at 11:58 AM

QED :-)

It's on 15" wheels with 195/45x15" tyres. Not my choice at all - never would have been. I bought the car remember.
As you rightly suggest, not enough tyre compliance for a 600kg car. That plus the tyres are in a road compound to suit general street use for a saloon car and be quiet and last thousands of miles.
That's why it's going onto 13" wheels with soft compound tyres. That will give it a more appropriate sidewall for the size of the nature of the car. All IMHO of course.