Board logo

2012 winter upgrades
scutter - 25/1/12 at 01:50 PM

After a productive few days in the garage, I'd thought I'd share a few pic's of the front end upgrades on the car.

Main one was the fitting of a double pass rad that my mate had given me, this allowed the nosecone to be ducted. it's currently way having the connection stubs welded in the correct position. The outlet has been increased in size to prevent it choking.

Rad duct 01
Rad duct 01

rad duct 02
rad duct 02

rad duct 03
rad duct 03

Next up was a little front end bracing and the fitment of a front anti-rollbar, the bar came from a Caterham SV and new totaled £50 including mounts.

front anti-rollbar 01
front anti-rollbar 01

front anti-rollbar 02
front anti-rollbar 02

front anti-rollbar 03
front anti-rollbar 03

front anti-rollbar 04
front anti-rollbar 04

Just a little trimming to do to the ends and the droplinks to source, work might be able to help with that

ATB Dan.

FuryRebuild - 25/1/12 at 02:19 PM

Lovely work on the ducting - great idea to keep temp down and air charge temperature should be helped as well - I like it.

scutter - 25/1/12 at 04:29 PM

Cheers matey, just took a piece of soft ali and some 1/2" chipboard.

ATB Dan.

mikemph - 26/1/12 at 09:43 PM

Looks very smart Dan.... I really like that!

I will be blocking the area around the edge of my rad to and nose cone to make sure all the cooling air is directed through the rad. Yours looks very lotus Elise like in design.

scutter - 27/1/12 at 11:02 AM

Cheers Gent's, I only need to blank the offside end of my nosecone inlet as I've got the rad quite far forward

Also looking to provide a cold air feed instead of the blank to the front of the air filter.

rad fitment
rad fitment

ATB Dan.

mikemph - 27/1/12 at 11:57 AM

I see, that's a good idea. I will be ducting some air from one side of the rad to my airbox. I am using an r1 with a std airbox.

RK - 27/1/12 at 03:25 PM

Although I have not ducted mine due to lack of space behind the rad, I believe the CSR style hole in the nosecone works at letting a lot of heat out.

whitestu - 27/1/12 at 03:35 PM

Looks good.

Is the ARB to solve a specific handling issue?

Stu

TimC - 27/1/12 at 03:59 PM

Have you painted your rear arches yet?

Looks great!

scutter - 29/1/12 at 04:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
Looks good.

Is the ARB to solve a specific handling issue?

Stu

Stu, i'm trying to save the cost of a LSD at the mo, so anything to keep the car flat. Tim, no not yet, the guys on base are lined up to do it tho.

ATB Dan.