Board logo

Locosts at Combe Monday 5th April
steveiow - 3/3/10 at 04:01 PM

Anyone else entered for the inaugral double header at Combe?

This will be my first race, so any tips (other than dont crash)?

Steve

Daddylonglegs - 3/3/10 at 04:04 PM

Not gonna be racing (you need a completed car for that ), but as it's only a few miles from me I would love to go as a spectator. Any idea how much it is to sit and sulk on the sidelines?

TimC - 3/3/10 at 04:36 PM

It will feel very strange not being involved at my local circuit, although I'm hoping to come along and cheer-on my old car and commrades.

ernie - 3/3/10 at 05:38 PM

H i steve, I'll be there.
I raced once at our first meeting a couple of years ago, and it pixxed down.
There is a track day on the 29th of feb and you can book just the afternoon. (UK track days) I'm going just to famillarize myself and bed in new brakes, engine.

ernie - 3/3/10 at 05:39 PM

Sorry! 29th MARCH

motodb82 - 3/3/10 at 06:54 PM

Castle combe are doing their own trackday on Wed March 31st and its cheaper for the complete day,
as long as the car is okay after the track day, I should be racing on the 5th

TimC - 3/3/10 at 07:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by motodb82
Castle combe are doing their own trackday on Wed March 31st and its cheaper for the complete day,
as long as the car is okay after the track day, I should be racing on the 5th

You know I'm expecting 'big tings'!

TMC Motorsport - 4/3/10 at 08:14 AM

We'll be there, sadly no new car for me, but Campbell has a new ride, the pioneering bio-ethanol car has a different driver and we're expecting to introduce another unsuspecting pilot to Locost racing in our other car.
Our door is always open for advice and help to new comers and experienced alike, and Combe is a bit of a local speciality for me so circuit advice will be dispensed to anyone whether they want it or not!

Looking forward to sulking on the sidelines too!

Matt

procomp - 4/3/10 at 09:11 AM

Hi

Yep we are there with the usual suspects. As Matt C i wont be racing either. Theres just so much work booked i just haven't had time to even touch my new car. So will be missing at least the first two rounds.

Am booked in for some pre season testing at a few places Inc Cadwell on Fri March 26Th . Theres a few locosters doing that date. And its cheap for an open pitlane day at £125.

Cheers Matt

modee - 4/3/10 at 11:00 AM

Hi.
We will be there with Douglas Hannah driving our old, much-crashed and much-modified MK. He will be sharing the car for the Team Challenge wih our Pat.
As Brendan has had to retire I won't be doing any spannering at Locost races but I will be doing race reports for racingexposure.com.
Looking forward to seeing you all again (and REALLY looking forward to the 800 mile round trip).

Maurice Dudley

pumpers - 4/3/10 at 12:36 PM

I don't think I'll be doing any racing this year

Hoping to get a couple of trackdays in towards the end of the year but I'm just too busy at the moment to even look at the car .

Hoping things settle down a bit and with any luck whatsoever I'll be doing most of the season next year. Have fun everyone.

Craig.
Locost No 63.

pointy - 5/3/10 at 10:01 PM

Ditto for me as well,

Need to spend some time on the car and save a few pennies with a view to next year.

Andy p