Board logo

Motorsport Events Abingdon
scutter - 12/11/08 at 10:00 PM

Does anyone fancy helping out a trackday virgin on the 5th of Dec, at Abingdon.

For a start, no i'm not paying but the more the merrier as long as it's dry, if not then I feel I may need as much space as possible.

ATB Dan.

Pants On Fire - 13/11/08 at 11:09 AM

What do you need help with?

I can let you in on the following........

Surface is OK, not the best it's quite hard on tyres as a lot is concrete rather than tarmac.
It's an airfield but don't think that having an off will be plain sailing, there's a lot to hit at Abingdon in the way of low brick and iron structures in the long grass.

Coming out of the final chicane there is a large grass bank off to your right, it shouldn't come into play, however I saw a Clio shoot off up it and come to rest on the top of it, quite how the driver managed that I do not know.

Plenty of room to have a play with your car, fuel 2 mins away at Tesco/Esso in Abingdon and food on site in the way of burgers etc (usually)

MSE run good days and don't stand for any nonsense, firm but friendly.

scutter - 13/11/08 at 06:56 PM

Mr P.O.F,

Cheers for the comments, I'm only at Brize Norton up the road, I think your last line was the most reassuring, being a novice.

Is it open pit lane do you know? and do novices get highlighted to others so they can give me a wide berth

As for tyres, I've done 20000 miles on these uniroyals that came with the alloys, wearing them out would be a good excuse to upgrade when I move onto proper circuits.

Cheers once again Dan.

JUD - 15/11/08 at 08:55 AM

Dan

Can't make 5th - got a business meeting that i can't duck. At least it is in the UK this time.

Let me know how you get on - I'll likely not venture on track now till next year.

Cheers

Martin

bob - 15/11/08 at 08:23 PM

I'm off shift Dan whats the plan and what time, also have you got a postcode of the abingdon field.

Obviosly i wil have to get a pass from Mrs bob as i am penciled in for something else that morning

scutter - 17/11/08 at 07:49 AM

Looks like i'm not playing on the 5th as I may have just brought as new tow car.

ATB Dan.