Board logo

Haynes chassis?! Armoto contact.
Minibabe - 30/7/09 at 06:33 PM

Hi there my man is looking to build a haynes roadster. Since he got the haynes book. Does any
one have the contact details for armoto. I have seen alot of people buying the flat pack chassis from him.

It's his birthday and I would really love to suprise him with it, maybe he will stop pestering about building it lol it's all he seems to talk about!

Thanx

Thanx
deb

Myke 2463 - 30/7/09 at 06:41 PM

Hi Deb.
http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/armoto0-0__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Good luck Mike.

luke - 30/7/09 at 06:58 PM

have a search, the phone number is posted somewhere on here.

proved useful with mine!

EDIT - infact looks like they have pulled both their chassis packs! maybe i was not the only one having problems!

i know it was jason that used to deal with the packs, and he left, wonder if the other guys have got sick of them and dropped selling them!

[Edited on 30/7/09 by luke]

Minibabe - 30/7/09 at 07:00 PM

I there thanks does anyone have his phone number... My man has a eBay account but it's secret, he will find out if I use it. Sorry about this.

Thanx again.

luke - 30/7/09 at 07:04 PM

quick search reveals.......

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=99401

third post

serieslandy - 30/7/09 at 07:07 PM

This may help:
Business Seller Information
ARMOTO LTD
ArmotoLtd
unit 5-6 , Bulroc Ind Est
Station lane, Old Whittington
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
S41 9QX
United Kingdom

Phone: 01246454506
Fax: 01246454508
Email: harry@armoto.co.uk

handyandy - 30/7/09 at 07:09 PM

if you can,t get a flat pack chassis, you could always buy him the steel so he can then make his own chassis from the plans in the book, as i did.
cost for the steel would be approx £130.

good luck with the birthday surprise.

andy

Minibabe - 30/7/09 at 07:57 PM

Thanx for the info guys. What do some of you mean about problems with armoto

Are his chassis packs not any good?

Triton - 30/7/09 at 08:02 PM

Better still why don't you learn how to weld and make him the chassis...

york-rhino - 30/7/09 at 08:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Triton
Better still why don't you learn how to weld and make him the chassis...

i wish my wife would learn to weld. lol

Minibabe - 30/7/09 at 09:10 PM

Well both me and my other half are qualified mechanics. I can weld but this project is going to be his. Thanx for the help. I will keep you updated on the surprise.

MikeR - 30/7/09 at 10:17 PM

I was about to point out that you do realise he's going to disappear into the garage for the next 6 months to 2 years ..... but if you're a qualified mechanic i guess you've already figured that out.

Suppose its one way of getting the house to yourself - although remember, if you buy it him, its your fault

Minibabe - 31/7/09 at 09:19 AM

there just phoned armoto and Jason who deals with the chassis's is off for a month.

Which spoils the suprise idea...

Would any one be willing to cut the chassis pack to size I would pay for your time?

Thanx

handyandy - 31/7/09 at 09:34 AM

Hi, as i said in a previous post, why not just buy all the steel he needs, its part of the fun of building a Haynes Roadster, a big achievement when you can say "i built that from scratch",
the cost of the steel will be approx £130 so you could buy him something else with the money saved from the cost of a flat pack kit.
there is a Haynes Roadster forum too that would help with his build.

andy

Minibabe - 31/7/09 at 02:21 PM

Think it could be an option but does he not need the right tools to cut it etc

Minibabe - 31/7/09 at 07:40 PM

hi there is there anyone in scotland that has heard of west mains automotive they also sell a flat pack chassis which could be used just wondered why they seem to cost considerably more than armoto... anyone used this company in the past? could you give me your comments on service aftersales support etc..

thanx

handyandy - 31/7/09 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Minibabe
Think it could be an option but does he not need the right tools to cut it etc

buy him the steel, & with the money saved from not being able to get a flat pack chassis then buy him the tools he,ll need to cut/build it,

he,ll be like a kid at christmas

andy

NigeEss - 31/7/09 at 07:51 PM

Hi Deb, welcome to the site.
This could be an option if you deal outside of ebay.
It's on it's second listing now.

Minibabe - 31/7/09 at 07:58 PM

there is no link, to the item... what is it lol.

NigeEss - 2/8/09 at 08:31 AM

Bugger/

chassis