Board logo

Tiger down under
Thierry - 30/11/08 at 08:08 AM

Just a quick message that i am in posetion of a tiger avon down here in australia, as i progress or if i come across any poblem i will keep you updated.
Cheers
Thierry

Howlor - 30/11/08 at 08:34 AM

Welcome to the forum. I am sure the Tiger guys will soon help you out if you have any issues.

Steve

mangogrooveworkshop - 30/11/08 at 08:37 AM

As they say possession is nine tenths.

A tiger in Aus mmm thats gonna be fun.

Thierry - 6/12/08 at 09:26 PM

Picked up my motor yesterday, 2005 nb MX5 1800 with a 5 speed box, man it is a tight fit, need to pull it out again today to cut off some bracket i don't need which foul with the motor/ box.
By the way does anyone know what the bracket on the left of chassis just infront of the engine mount area is for, that is the first bracket to go, it is stopping me from shifting the engine over to the left.
Cheers Thierry

DaveFJ - 7/12/08 at 02:46 PM

If your refering to the plate at the bottom with a number on it in weld......

then it does nothing and can be removed..

Good luck and ignore the doomsayers on here.. the car will be as good as you make it

Trems - 7/12/08 at 03:10 PM

I'm with Dave, end result is down to effort and perseverance, at least you have the weather on your side!...every time i get in the garage it takes me half an hour to warm up

Welcome aboard mate - I am keeping a log of my build on my site: www.tr3m5.com

Hopefully you may find something helpfull/interesting there.

Regarding the plate, that is one of the many parts that are coming off mine too, i've got a bag in which all of the 'removed' bits are going and then i'll weigh it up at the end and see how much i've saved....hoping for at least a kilo!

[Edited on 7/12/2008 by Trems]