Board logo

MotaLeira, almost finished! NOW WITH PICS
nitram38 - 10/3/09 at 07:55 PM

You will have to wait for the photos as I have just a few more jobs left before I unvail the car.
I had issues with the air suspension, the cams for the inboard were slightly wrong on the ratios. Worked fine on paper, but there is a "sweet spot" where the shocks perform at their best. Today re-fitted new cams and now my car can sit on the floor or raise to the 3" running height or go up to 5" for those pesky speed bumps.
My fuel tank leaked because the engineer who made my pump flange, made the O ring groove too deep. After discussions on here, I finally fixed it today by using O ring cord which was 1.5mm thicker, to make my own custom O ring.
If it is dry tomorrow (at least sometime!) I want to run the car up (without driveshafts) to calibrate the gear indicator.
I have two! One on the VR2 dash and the LED one.
Then hopefully it is driveshafts in and first drive!
The only jobs left is to fully stick the cycle wings on as they have only been "dabbed" on to check they are in the right place and the nose is coming back from the painters which is an easy fit.
Watch this space.....

[Edited on 10/3/2009 by nitram38]

Paul TigerB6 - 10/3/09 at 08:06 PM

Excellent - cant wait to see the pics. So when is SVA?? Cant wait until you unveil it on the Atom forum too - dont forget to post the link up!!

jlparsons - 10/3/09 at 08:09 PM

I have long admired your car from the pics you've posted on here before mate, can't wait to see the completed article. Be good to see a video of it on the go too! You any good with utube?

adithorp - 10/3/09 at 08:10 PM

It doesn't seem two minutes since you were having the tubes bent for the chassis. Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

I wonder what the SVA testers will make of air suspention? They can't have seen it on a kit before.

adrian

nitram38 - 10/3/09 at 08:11 PM

SVA, 20th April....gives me time to set the lights and cover any sharp bits!
I would like a vid but I need someone to hold the camera!

JoelP - 10/3/09 at 08:27 PM

awesome martin, and ditto the link to the atom club. Will be well funny after the flak you've had in the past

cloudy - 10/3/09 at 08:30 PM

Excellent, dont forget to post pics well before the SVA just in case I can point out anything i was caught out on...

James

nick205 - 10/3/09 at 09:25 PM

Looking forward to seeing the finished car Martin. I've followed the build with much admiration.

nitram38 - 10/3/09 at 09:30 PM

I couldn't wait and just nipped into the garage

Lots of projections to cover and there will be a 1" mesh over the engine bay for sva.

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

[img][/img]
[img][/img]

AND IGNORE THE SVA STEERING PAD!

Description
Description

eddie99 - 10/3/09 at 10:54 PM

That looks seriously awesome mate. Well done!

You said you need someone to hold the camera to do a video, i'll volunteer :p

orbital - 10/3/09 at 11:02 PM

totally fricken awesome

Cheers

Dave

jabbahutt - 11/3/09 at 08:03 AM

a truly fantastic achievement , another forum members whose skills I can be envious of

02GF74 - 11/3/09 at 08:12 AM

that is rather insipirations

... and there's me taken 2 years to take off inlet and exhaust manifild ,.....

nitram38 - 11/3/09 at 08:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
that is rather insipirations

... and there's me taken 2 years to take off inlet and exhaust manifild ,.....

Took about 20 months

cloudy - 11/3/09 at 08:33 AM

Phwoar!

Just as a note, I've had to make panels to cover the area the driveshafts exit the chassis...

James

nitram38 - 11/3/09 at 08:36 AM

Is that because of the diff bolts?