Board logo

Dax Rush Turbo vs MK Indy Turbo
INDY BIRD - 29/8/09 at 08:01 PM

Hi All

Well both cars are finally finished and had the pleasure of taking them both out today,

so which keys do you think i will be taking next time out after driving both cars which is best,

Both cars have power in excess of 250 bhp at the wheels,

must say they are both great cars with warp factor performance just press the load pedal and everthing seems like its going backwards breath taking performance,

i am well well pleased with both cars but which would you take???

i will give you the answer after another blast out just to make my mind up,

cheers all pic attached of both cars,

ps dax needs some graphics i think?? Rescued attachment dax & Mk.jpg
Rescued attachment dax & Mk.jpg

prawnabie - 29/8/09 at 08:03 PM

Indy over the dax everytime for me!

mangogrooveworkshop - 29/8/09 at 08:06 PM

Kodachrome chrome

Nice colour scheme

koiking125 - 29/8/09 at 08:10 PM

Indy for me but would swap the seats round..

handyandy - 29/8/09 at 08:11 PM

whichever one you take first, i,ll take the other no prob.

very smart indeed

andy

JoelP - 29/8/09 at 08:31 PM

both impressive cars no doubt, i bet you will have a lot of fun deciding which is best! Are you keeping both? Thats one way to resolve the bec/cec decision.

rf900rush - 29/8/09 at 08:46 PM

Both look good too me, But I biased towards the Rush.

Not seen a white one before.
Nice clean look, Think any changes/stickers will spoil it.

INDY BIRD - 29/8/09 at 09:25 PM

Hi yep not seen a dax in white and black before main reason for doing it,

They are actually both bec turbos so the choice is bec or bec,

at the moment i am steering towards the dax but still need to test them a bit more,

main reason the front end grip from the camber comp sytem is phenomianl,

where the indy does push on with understeer,

indy def more track focused and the rush being super soft is better on the roads,

still as said need to push the limits a bit more on both before a final judgement is made,

yep will be keeping them both for now unless i get ideas about a new project which i will within weeks as i love the building side of the car more than the driving sad i know,

must say i love it when they come on boost the sound is addictive, will get some vids up soon of both cars in action if the weather holds out,

thanks for the comments glad you like them,

madteg - 29/8/09 at 09:38 PM

Put the rollcage on the DAX job done.

Mark G - 30/8/09 at 09:05 AM

Is it just the angle of the photo or is the front of the dax really long in comparison to the indy?

INDY BIRD - 30/8/09 at 09:28 AM

hi both cars are about the same length so pic didnt help.

another pic attached to give you an idea,

full cage on the dax mmmmm liking that idea, Rescued attachment dax vs mk 2.jpg
Rescued attachment dax vs mk 2.jpg

hobbsy - 30/8/09 at 10:04 AM

What are the specs on the engines in terms of boost and internals? One is a ZX10R, what is the other one?

yellow melos - 30/8/09 at 11:02 AM

Defenately the DAX Rush for me !!!!

but then i did start to build one in the early 90's !!!!

i think the dax is wider at the back than the other one, and you can get the camber compensation thingy

[Edited on 30/8/09 by yellow melos]

rob2005 - 30/8/09 at 02:56 PM

Love the colour scheme one both

I can t decide what one i like best.

I cant imagine how fast a turbo engined Bec is, i know there are a few about, your all nuts

Must have a ride in one.

Videos would be nice

MikeRJ - 30/8/09 at 05:04 PM

I like Dax's but would have to say the Indy in this case. Not keen on the Daxs "fat" middle and the huge wheels.

:{THC}:YosamiteSam - 30/8/09 at 11:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by INDY BIRD
Hi yep not seen a dax in white and black before main reason for doing it,

They are actually both bec turbos so the choice is bec or bec,

at the moment i am steering towards the dax but still need to test them a bit more,

main reason the front end grip from the camber comp sytem is phenomianl,

where the indy does push on with understeer,

indy def more track focused and the rush being super soft is better on the roads,

still as said need to push the limits a bit more on both before a final judgement is made,

yep will be keeping them both for now unless i get ideas about a new project which i will within weeks as i love the building side of the car more than the driving sad i know,

must say i love it when they come on boost the sound is addictive, will get some vids up soon of both cars in action if the weather holds out,

thanks for the comments glad you like them,

ahem...

is now dead...

the rush will be really good on long runs but with a bike engine maybe not the same as a car..
depends on your tolerance of noise..
dax dont do a full cage for the rush - BUT - if you were to take the panels off to allow fabrication of one im sure anyone will make one for you - i enquired about it for mine - would work out around 1k - probably more plus transport costs
the cage on the indy - i dont like the way the side head bars are set inboard a bit - thats the bit i would want away from my head keeping my head away from the deck - not all crashes are directly upside down - lots of side impacts and that just doesnt cut it
the rush also has limited foot space in relation to other marks due to the side panels angle