Board logo

2008 R1 running lumpy
Gti6boy - 28/8/12 at 04:51 PM

Hi, the car has been running sweet since I bought it 6 months ago. I last took it out 3 weeks ago and everything was fine when I put it back in the garage.

I fired it up today and it's running like a bag of nails. I've taken it for a slow drive and it has not cleared

Any ideas?

Video:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/gti6boy/d876fa10ee9c79128dbcb57146e2e8b5.mp4

Thanks

Davey D - 28/8/12 at 05:46 PM

I've got a 2006 R1 that did this a few months back. Its been faultless in the prior 3 years of use. After a search of the net I discovered that they are very to the condition of the plugs so I bought some new ones. After installation the car runs perfect again :-)

maccmike - 28/8/12 at 06:12 PM

sounds like its running on 3.
moisture might be effecting the plugs with it being sat during this great summer, give the leads etc a good clean, dry and wd'd.

jossey - 28/8/12 at 07:38 PM

might be the battery too so give that a charge. unlikely but i know my friends r1 would run like a bag of spanners when the battery started to pack up.

motorcycle_mayhem - 29/8/12 at 10:16 AM

Assuming a lack of error codes and good diagnostics on the sensors, injectors and coils - also assuming that there is no 'low battery voltage' error code.

Plugs tracking would be the 1st thing I'd suspect, remove, bin, replace.
Injector blockage. Even after 3 weeks, some petrol can oxidise/polymerise and cause issues, it can also drag components from fuel line material.
Fuel pump and/or filter (manually check fuel pressure - there's no transducer/error codes for this).
Head/TB air leak?
Ensure the air pressure sensor on the inlet side is hooked up to the vacuum, in fact, pull the pipe off and check that there is a difference (it'll go rich and rough).

If it's not the above, check the wiring. Take out any PC-type piggy backs and try again.

Fit Zetec.

Gti6boy - 29/8/12 at 05:25 PM

Thanks everyone

New odyssey battery on way and some new plugs

I will try these first

Gti6boy - 30/8/12 at 06:25 PM

Battery and plugs arrived today so I fitted both and the car is running sweet as a nut

I would imagine it was the plugs that's fixed the problem

Thanks