Board logo

Flat Shifter - Finding Neutral
woodsy144 - 17/7/24 at 07:06 AM

Hello
I have got myself a flatshifter but haven't installed it.
I have concerns about finding neutral, and due to the lack of 'feel' you could say, finding neutral might be a bit tricky,

Really like to hear from others about their experiences.

Thanks.

adithorp - 18/7/24 at 09:06 PM

I did meet someone with a flat shifter and no manual lever and he spent ages trying to find neutral with it.
Other cars I've seen have retained a lever and find neutral with that.

gingerprince - 19/7/24 at 08:36 AM

I retained the manual stick when I fitted mine so use that most of the time to find neutral, but it's not too difficult to give a gentle "clicklet" to get into neutral.

That said, I need to adjust mine because at the minute I get neutral sometimes when trying to shift from 2nd to 1st - the throw is slightly longer across neutral so need to account for that when setting it up.

If you do have manual currently I would leave that in place to give you the option - I sometimes use the stick if blobbing around in traffic, it's a bit kinder on the 'box. Use the paddles when more spirited.

40inches - 19/7/24 at 08:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gingerprince
I retained the manual stick when I fitted mine so use that most of the time to find neutral, but it's not too difficult to give a gentle "clicklet" to get into neutral.

That said, I need to adjust mine because at the minute I get neutral sometimes when trying to shift from 2nd to 1st - the throw is slightly longer across neutral so need to account for that when setting it up.

If you do have manual currently I would leave that in place to give you the option - I sometimes use the stick if blobbing around in traffic, it's a bit kinder on the 'box. Use the paddles when more spirited.

This was my setup. Stick for traffic and slow roads.
Description
Description