Board logo

Who uses a Bike Rad?
BusaLoco - 6/9/07 at 04:46 PM

I've been wondering lately why I can't use a Busa rad on my Busa 7 kit.
Presently the car has a civic rad and I think the plumbing and thermo/fan switch might just work better with original equipment.
Is anyone else using OEM rads (from the bike) and how is it working for you?

twybrow - 6/9/07 at 04:48 PM

I think the problem is the width of the rad. My rad (Daytona) would be too wide to fit.

Smartripper - 6/9/07 at 05:26 PM

Got a kawa zx12 r engine and use the standard radiator, after 1,5 years it's perfect also in warm weather.

Daniel

ruskino80 - 6/9/07 at 06:33 PM

my rad is originall zx9 no probs with that motor ,i now run an r1 on same rad and no problems at all

richard thomas - 6/9/07 at 06:53 PM

I was going to use the bike rad but it was awkward to mount, as it's curved.

Hellfire - 6/9/07 at 08:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Smartripper
Got a kawa zx12 r engine and use the standard radiator, after 1,5 years it's perfect also in warm weather.

Daniel

Does that include any trackdays Dan?

Steve

Smartripper - 6/9/07 at 08:32 PM

Yep....

It's amazing, i couldn't believe it but the dutch importer said that it would work just fine, and it does very well.

Has 1 brutal trackday were we didn't give the engine much time too cool down. tempature was normal fan didn't have to kick in.

Daniel

locoboy - 6/9/07 at 09:08 PM

R1 Rad and its fine so far - all of 20 miles!

russbost - 6/9/07 at 09:14 PM

Been using the standard ZX10 (old) rads with my engines & has worked fine for 2 years plus now - changed the bike fans for bigger car ones but the rads aren't even properly ducted & still ok

ChrisGamlin - 6/9/07 at 09:39 PM

I used the original blade rad when I first built my car and never had any problems, although when upgrading to the R1 I installed a Polo rad. Paul Rogers races his R1 Phoenix with a bike rad without issue though.

pathfinder - 8/9/07 at 01:10 AM

I’m using the original twin Aprilia rads, no problems so far

No. 67 - 9/9/07 at 09:16 AM

Chris,

See my post on cooling problems. Can you help ref. polo rad?

Thanks

Allen