Board logo

H.I.S.S YFITS
IDONTBELEIVEIT - 18/1/08 at 06:50 PM

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT THIS IS AND DO I NEED IT TO START MY 1999 EFI BLACKBIRD ENGINE FOR MY BEC THAT I THOUGHT I BROUGHT FOR THE BARGAIN PRICE OF £500 INC LOOM AIR BOX COILS THROTTLE BODIES BUT NO HISS CHEERS NOOBIE!!!!

Paul (Notts) - 18/1/08 at 07:00 PM

Dont know anything about it but could be this...

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/mc2003/cbr600rr/equipment.html

Paul

IDONTBELEIVEIT - 18/1/08 at 07:10 PM

CHEERS PAUL!!!!ANYBODY KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE THESE ARE AND WHERE YOU GET THEM FAE

Paul (Notts) - 18/1/08 at 07:26 PM

These may help..

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=65643&page=&contribmessage=none

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=49969

Paul

indykid - 18/1/08 at 07:50 PM

don't shout!

turns caps lock off!
tom

yorkshire-engines - 18/1/08 at 08:37 PM

Hi ok if its a 99 bird then this didnt have the hiss it came in late (dec 99)
easy way to check is there a pink wire in the connector that goes to ignition switch or is it in a separate connector
check engine number as £500 for a bird motor with efi as well is really a bargain ill have 10 of them if you get any more it may be a cb11 which is a lower powered version
cheers malc

Bitten hero - 18/1/08 at 08:46 PM

hI if its a hiss version i am gonna be giving you some serious bad news£1700 quid for all the stuff you need and there aint no way round it!!!!!!!!!! unless you go down the complete after market inj/ignition path sorry.( I know as i made the same mistake only mine was £750 -not £500!!!!)Even the race teams cannot get past it and they have the hiss stuff taped to the bike to make the engine run SORRY again!!!!!!!
Gary.
You need a new pair keys/new barrel and hiss rec/new ecu/then just for good measure need the honda garage to set the codes etc etc, very very very expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 18/1/08 by Bitten hero]

[Edited on 18/1/08 by Bitten hero]

mark.s - 18/1/08 at 09:21 PM

if you want to leave caps-lock on ........we'll understand

Mr Whippy - 19/1/08 at 01:46 AM

can I just say I find this deeply disturbing Rescued attachment fly.gif
Rescued attachment fly.gif

TGR-ECOSSE - 19/1/08 at 02:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by IDONTBELEIVEIT
CHEERS PAUL!!!!ANYBODY KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE THESE ARE AND WHERE YOU GET THEM FAE

Sorry i have not got a clue what you are on about but welcome. Where are you from because it looks like you are shouting in a Scottish accent "fae". Or if you are Scottish, whaur di ye bide?

TGR-ECOSSE - 19/1/08 at 02:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
can I just say I find this deeply disturbing

Why does this disturb you Mr Whippy? Its a natural thing reproduction you know :

MB CUSTOMS - 19/1/08 at 06:55 AM

As the above post states the hiss system costs around £1,700 for the full set up,it is easy enough to get around the codes.
My advise would be to fit a stand alone ecu,might cost around the same,but would give a better set up,due to car weight/load etc,it would also be able to cope with any further tuning a lot better than a standard Honda system with power commander, if you went for a DTAs series ecu they are compatable with the honda timing pick up.

IDONTBELEIVEIT - 19/1/08 at 06:35 PM

alright malc which is the good news pink wire in connector or seperate thanks wayno,the bloke i brought it of didnt really have much of a clue he said he let the E.C.U go for £80 it's definiteley a blackbird engine not really sure what year it is,maybe i'll be lucky and not need the HISS,how do you tell what year it is cheers again wayno

IDONTBELEIVEIT - 19/1/08 at 10:36 PM

can any body tell me how i can find out just what year my engine is the engine number is SC 35E 2204502 i would appreciate some help fellas apparently could be the difference between £170 and £1700 cheers wayno!!! ???

Bitten hero - 19/1/08 at 11:23 PM

hi again,
You need to go see a honda dealer and ask very very nicely if he could help you !!!!my one did and that confirmed the age.
he did tell me tho that if its a efi then its almost certain to be hiss eqipped.
do what i did flog the engine for as much as you can to sombody who has blown their engine up(very suss regarding no3 main bearing when running without a full dry sump system-another grand at least) and buy another make of engine-
gary.

timcrasher - 20/1/08 at 04:57 PM

Hi, Guys
I've been away from the forum for a while, after selling my MK Indy Zx9.
I logged on and was catching up, when I came across this post about H.I.S.S equipped ECUs.
I work in the motorcycle trade and have used a company called Track Electronics in the past. They can supply De-immobilised ECUs and wiring looms which get rid of all the junk you don't need on a car/ race bike. Thier web address is www.trackelectronics.co.uk.
I hope this helps
Cheers
Tim

Hellfire - 20/1/08 at 06:48 PM

A blast from the past. Nice to hear from you again Tim, hope you're keeping well...

Phil

timcrasher - 20/1/08 at 08:10 PM

Very well thank you, Phil.
My driving has improved alot too
Just started looking at the forum again as I am getting twitchy, and need a new project!!