Board logo

I quite like the look of this
ProjectLMP - 31/1/04 at 10:48 PM

This is the first Daytona prototype car that I actually like the look of. Would be neat to build a scaled down version perhaps with a subaru drivetrain or maybe bike engined powered. They are relatively simple construction by modern race car standards. Space frame with stressed gearbox. More pictures at www.grand-am.com

Alan B - 31/1/04 at 11:00 PM

Yes, I quite like it too..

Have you been watching the Rolex 24?
There are a few nice ones. I was tempted to go and watch (only 2 hours away) but decided to work on mine instead.

ProjectLMP - 31/1/04 at 11:21 PM

Yes, keep looking in on the race in between working on the car.

fia289 - 31/1/04 at 11:57 PM

The new Crawford is a looker as well a performer...

It's not just a pretty Daytona Prototype(most of them are ugly), but a beatifull race car period

A subaru powered version sure would be nice to build
Fred

[Edited on 31/1/04 by fia289]

Alan B - 1/2/04 at 12:30 AM

For those who don't know the Crawford (included me...)....

Alan B - 1/2/04 at 12:36 AM

Is it just me, or do they look VERY similar?

Unless Fred meant.."Yes, Paul....... the Crawford is a good looker" .......and they ARE the same....

[Edited on 1/2/04 by Alan B]

ProjectLMP - 1/2/04 at 12:43 AM

There the same car.

Alan B - 1/2/04 at 12:47 AM

Good I'm not losing it then......

Well not today perhaps...

kb58 - 1/2/04 at 01:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Alan B
Yes, I quite like it too..

Have you been watching the Rolex 24?
There are a few nice ones. I was tempted to go and watch (only 2 hours away) but decided to work on mine instead.

Similar situation here. There's a regional and national SCCA race at California Speedway today. It's been years since I've been to any racing event, and a buddy's car is in it.

Nope, I feel more a sense of accomplishment working on the car, so I did. At the end of the day I can literally see progress, as opposed to looking at other people's cars. Someday...

fia289 - 1/2/04 at 02:53 AM

Sorry about that Alan,

That's what I meant they are the same.....

Fred

Alan B - 1/2/04 at 04:22 AM

Hey Fred..no problem....

Terrapin eh?.....how's it going?

Must admit that High Speed Low Cost has probably made more impression on me than Ron's book...

fia289 - 1/2/04 at 04:44 AM

I received the plans last week. I had been collecting parts for a few months... I'll be making some small changes like an R1 engine and replacing the mini corner with some suzuki swift parts. I should be cutting some steel within the next 3 weeks. The beggining of a fun journey.

I really wanted a learners project since my ultimate goal is to build somting like Paul project....

You see in my case I read Ron's book first, so I started planning my build, buying a few thing , but I never really liked the looks of the 7: Call me crazy. Than I discovered the High Speed Lowcost book: A single seater with the engine in the right place... Plus I always had a foundness for the sixties single seaters... That was it I had to build it..

Fred

[Edited on 1/2/04 by fia289]

Alan B - 1/2/04 at 05:30 AM

Cool....

Well, this is the right place to be for good info. and ideas...

suparuss - 1/2/04 at 11:33 AM

nice looking car, i like the unusual windscreen shape.
tis the look im going for, hopefully.

fia289 - 1/2/04 at 07:54 PM

I do intend to call on your common as things creep up knowledge here and on the BEC section

Fred