Board logo

where to get number plates?
daniel mason - 29/3/09 at 03:24 PM

my sva is on thursday at carlisle,if it passes there is a dvla centre on the same estate. if i can somehow arrange a meeting for the same day where do i get my plates from? i need a small square rear plate and a small one for nose cone. cheers

austin man - 29/3/09 at 03:27 PM

any motor factors you will need the paperwork that the DVLA give you

mad-butcher - 29/3/09 at 03:44 PM

in my rush to get on the road I went to halfrauds never again £28 odd, got bollocked by me son who works in a motor factors 40 mile away unfortunately that he still makes a profit at £14....so definately local motor factors

tony

wicket - 29/3/09 at 03:53 PM

You almost certainly won't get 'small' non-standard size plates from your local motor factors.

daniel mason - 29/3/09 at 04:00 PM

thats what i thought. the plates i need are non standard!

pumpers - 29/3/09 at 04:01 PM

your paperwork is not required if you ask for a sign that looks very much like a number plate !!

pumpers

daniel mason - 29/3/09 at 04:06 PM

so where do i get a sign which loks like a plate?

Steve Hignett - 29/3/09 at 04:57 PM

ebay!

FEZ1025 - 29/3/09 at 06:13 PM

Personally i wouldn't go to a motor factors for none standard as you don't want number plates anyway as that would be illegal. So best bet would be to use one of these guys, Signmakers in Carlisle You could always ring first to make sure they do them & use google maps to find the closest.

Alan...

maximill666 - 29/3/09 at 06:54 PM

Daniel I got a rear one from a local motor factors for a tenner, after registration, then ordered two from funplates, one of which was a nice small one.

Great service & quite cheap

http://www.funplates.co.uk/

myke pocock - 29/3/09 at 08:13 PM

All the best Daniel. Had mine last week in Carlisle, failed on a few easy points to rectify. Hope to be back next week then DVLA it is. Andy is an OK bloke and the test is a lot less hassle than I was expecting.

bigfoot4616 - 29/3/09 at 08:20 PM

try here, you can pay for next day delivery to make sure you get them for thursday.
http://www.no1showplates.co.uk/index_new.php