Board logo

Passed today at Chelmsford!!
David Jenkins - 6/10/04 at 11:22 AM

Whoopie!

Just a couple of things needed fixing:

1. Idle mixture - unsurprising, as I'd never set it properly!
2. I'd used sticky tie-wrap pads where the loom goes behind the tank, without rivets (as used everywhere else). He let me tie-wrap the loom to the 2 upright round tubes. (What a nice man!)
3. I have a spare wire in the loom for a fuel pump, in case I ever need one. He didn't like the bare wire flapping around, but let me tape it up and tie-wrap it to the loom. (what a very nice man!).
4. The driver-side wing mirror was marginal, but he could see the markers even if I couldn't! He was long and lanky, so I got the benefit of the doubt, as I'd had a clean sheet for everything else. (what a VERY nice man!)

I thought that my silencer was fairly quiet, but got to 99dB - not much of a margin for error.

So now I have to arrange some insurance, then I'm off to the local DVLA!!

cheers,

David
(who's planning to drink a few beers tonight...)

barrie sharp - 6/10/04 at 11:25 AM

well done!! get that insurance and get out there!(in between the showers any way)
take it easy

Hellfire - 6/10/04 at 11:28 AM

Congratulations David. Get out there and have some fun

DaveFJ - 6/10/04 at 11:33 AM

Great news, Congrats

locoboy - 6/10/04 at 11:34 AM

Bloody awsome David, well done that man, dont drink too much you might want to take it for a jolly later on

James - 6/10/04 at 11:45 AM

Well done mate!

Have fun and don't desert us all together!

Atb,

James

Chris Leonard - 6/10/04 at 11:51 AM

Well done David!

splitrivet - 6/10/04 at 01:10 PM

Well done
Cheers,
Bob

Peteff - 6/10/04 at 01:14 PM

There seems to be a trend towards sva inspectors using their discretion, it can only be a good thing.

bob - 6/10/04 at 01:36 PM

well done david

Its been very interesting following your progress,i hope to catch up next year and see the car.

[Edited on 6/10/04 by bob]

David Jenkins - 6/10/04 at 05:44 PM

Thanks everyone! My stress levels are starting to drop back to normality...
...for anyone approaching the SVA, don't underestimate the stress you'll feel. For me, it was disturbed sleep, worrying, and so on. Having an engine go didn't help at all!

David

BTW: bad luck James - I'm not going anywhere just yet!

RoadkillUK - 6/10/04 at 05:44 PM

Well done that man, get it insured and diasappear for a couple of days like I did

type 907 - 6/10/04 at 08:25 PM

Well done David.
I look forward to seeing the car.... and the grin on your face.

Paul G

Mark Allanson - 6/10/04 at 08:34 PM

I bet you are chuffed to bits, I am really pleased for you - and a little jealous. I am not far behind you though!

Well done

Mark

scutter - 6/10/04 at 09:17 PM

Well done David, must be gratifiying after the headache of sva. Best get me finger out i feel

ATB Dan

tractorboy - 7/10/04 at 07:06 AM

well done david ,glad you got through successfully.hope to see you at another suffolk meet soon.get out there and enjoy it!(just dont underestimate how snakey the back end gets in the wet with just a little power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

CairB - 7/10/04 at 11:57 AM

Congratulations David, and just in time for winter

Have fun.

Cheers,

Colin

David Jenkins - 7/10/04 at 04:08 PM

Thanks to all!

All I have to do now is wait for the DVLA... they've only got one bloke doing this sort of work, and he's not back in the office until next Tuesday.
Still - I've done everything I need to do apart from buying the plates when I know the reg number - oh, and getting something to put my tax disc into!

rgds,

David