Board logo

Digital camera
Tim 45 - 18/11/04 at 08:47 PM

Found this. Not a bad price for the resolution. Pity its only regional

Camera

NTDWM

[Edited on 18/11/04 by Tim 45]

alister667 - 18/11/04 at 10:19 PM

I bought a LIDL digital camera a little over a year ago and it's not too bad - the pixel resolution is excellent, but it's the optics that really let it down - if you have a look at some of the pics I've taken of my car HERE
you can see they're a bit blurry - but for the money (129 Euros) it's grand. Mine was an Aiptek Pocketcam 3 Megapixel.
Goodness knows how good the Nytech is but bear in mind pixel count isn't everything!

stephen_gusterson - 18/11/04 at 11:17 PM

200 quid for a no-name is a bit of a risk.

ive got 2 digi cams.

a kodak dx4900 4m pix - its got a fairlty noisy picture, making it effectively 2mb as using full res just looks bad.

the other is a 3.1 m pix canon A70 - its about a year old. they are really cheap on ebay, and are damn good camera.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=30012&item=3853987264&rd=1

67 quid at the moment.

megapixels isnt everything. 2 - 3 mpix is good for general use - unless you are a pro.

at the end of the day, jpeg compression takes a load of detail out of the picture to make it fit onto a decent sized mem card - so why the fuss over load of pixels if you just chiuck the res away in a jpeg?

atb

steve

simonH - 19/11/04 at 08:20 AM

i can only second that had an A70 a while now and the image quality is great. it's the optics that make all the difference, and you can add lens extenders that give you an extra 2x zoom and will acept filters, Great camera for the price , by blown away by the A85 same price that i payed for the A70 but 4 MP and better screen

DaveFJ - 19/11/04 at 09:10 AM

Back that up - the Canon A... series of cameras are superb. My old A40 is still giving fantastic quality pictures and hopefully will be replaced soon with an A85 or 95

Chris Green - 19/11/04 at 09:56 AM

You'll get a much better camera for £200 than that one tbh, especially if you are prepared to buy online.

the Fuji S3500 would be a good bet. Its got a 6x Optical zoom.

Check out www.warehouseexpress.com

or www.pricerunner.co.uk and www.kelkoo.com for price comparisons.

Also, if you want to read reviews etc, try www.dpreview.com

I use a Fuji S602z which is great.

Its only 3mp, but it is interpolated to 6MP.

I would say that the lens and manual options on the camera would be more useful that resolution only.

Hope this is of use.

Chris.

DarrenW - 19/11/04 at 10:51 AM

Chris,

Thats a great avatar. Optics are great. Is it possible to digitally zoom? Eyes have gone blurry now!

Can we turn her around to see the mega pixels??!!

Cheers,
Darren.

Peteff - 19/11/04 at 11:13 AM

http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/digital/cameras/e500/index.php?lpage=/digital/cameras/range.php&flash=7
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=777_4_409_40903

I have an earlier version and it cost twice as much for half the resolution but it still takes good pictures. I seldom use it on more than 640x480 for everyday use anyway.

Chris Green - 19/11/04 at 03:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
Chris,

Thats a great avatar. Optics are great. Is it possible to digitally zoom? Eyes have gone blurry now!

Can we turn her around to see the mega pixels??!!

Cheers,
Darren.

LOL!

I've got a similar one, but I'm saving that for christmas, as she's got santa boots and stockings on! still not too revealing though.

Have a look in my archive, called "Lady in Red"

[Edited on 19-11-04 by Chris Green]

DarrenW - 19/11/04 at 03:43 PM

Lady in red is awesome!!

Where do you get them from?

Darren.

Chris Green - 19/11/04 at 04:02 PM

i got the lady in red one on a cd that I bought from ebay, that was full of phone screensavers etc.

I got the other one from a mate. He sent it to my phone, and I sent it to my pc via bluetooth.

Regards,

Chris.