Board logo

Space Heater
stevem427 - 17/12/14 at 10:52 PM

Hi. Ive seen a nice little Clarke space heater at Machine Mart. Any one know when the next VAT free day is. Cheers Steve.

austin man - 17/12/14 at 11:45 PM

just missed one closed 8th December

mookaloid - 18/12/14 at 11:20 AM

horrible things,

I bought one and I can't live with it in the garage - it stinks and makes my eyes water. Can't be healthy.

I binned it after I nicked the regulator for my BBQ.

Volvorsport - 18/12/14 at 12:44 PM

what about the electric firefly one ...?

Mr Whippy - 18/12/14 at 12:59 PM

I bought one and I can't live with it in the garage - it stinks and makes my eyes water. Can't be healthy.

I binned it after I nicked the regulator for my BBQ.

same here, can't even close the garage door cos of the fumes so most of the heat goes out the same way and made me feel light headed

I think an ir heater lamp is the most pleasant in a garage like these -

UncleFista - 18/12/14 at 07:19 PM

The Machine-Mart VAT-free days are staggered nationally, they're not on the same day for every region.

stevem427 - 18/12/14 at 08:31 PM

Thanks for all the replies. Ive got a normal gas fire I have in there. Just thought it might be better with one that blows the heat out, so it warms the garage up quicker. Cheers Steve.

mark chandler - 18/12/14 at 09:05 PM

I used one for a couple of years, heated the garage nicely, did not smell a lot maybe your ones had faulty regulators feeding in to much gas?

The downside for me was the moisture you get from propane, I ran mine off a 47kg propane bottle that lasted for months, it was on every cold weekend.

Chris_Xtreme - 18/12/14 at 10:37 PM

probably expensively I just use a 3kw fan heater.. seems to do the job - mind it is just a large single garage, corigated steel roof with 1" polystyrene board as insulation, the roof is ~7ft so pretty low which helps in this situation - just not with me banging my head on the beams!