Board logo

Fuel Tank Fabricator Hampshire
Plunky - 27/4/15 at 10:28 AM

Hi,

I am looking for someone to fabricate a new aluminum fuel tank for me.

Preferably someone local to Portsmouth.

I have already approached one company who have quoted me just under £300. Is this a fair price? seems a little steep to me.

Thanks,
Liam

james h - 27/4/15 at 11:00 AM

Try deneo on here. I don't know if he still makes them, but he did my fuel tank and header tank for wayyyyy under £300, which indeed is a bit steep.

Ugg10 - 27/4/15 at 11:44 AM

Having one built at the moment to my designs with a mechanical gauge on the top with mounting lugs, baffles, splash bowl, filler, sender mount etc. About 2/3 that price delivered.

[Edited on 27/4/15 by Ugg10]

Plunky - 27/4/15 at 12:31 PM

thanks guys.

any other reccomendations?

prawnabie - 27/4/15 at 06:01 PM

Don't touch deneo with a barge pole, messed me something rotten around and a couple of others at the same time, I can't even say his work was good at the end of the wait as it was utter sh@te.

I don't make these comments lightly.

Shaun

rusty nuts - 27/4/15 at 08:02 PM

OBP we're offering tanks at £150 a while ago, I don't know how much they are charging now

james g - 27/4/15 at 09:47 PM

Ive just had a tank made for my MNR by Bryn at Allyfab . He is in Derbyshire so not near you but I dealt with him remotely by phone and email without issue. For a tank to my spec with baffles and sump sender mount using my sender for positioning, pressure tested and delivered price was again about 2/3 of what you have been quoted. Good quality too.

scott h - 27/4/15 at 11:14 PM

Just had one made by OBP. http://www.obpltd.com/Alloy-Products/Fuel-Tanks

They have a help sheet on their web site of things to consider when designing a one off tank. Send them a sketch and they will give you a price. Mine was delivered 7 days from when I paid and is high quality and exactly like the sketch that I sent.