Board logo

Car Transportation From N.Wales to Southampton
damajin - 22/2/11 at 04:41 PM

Hey guys,

I've lined myself up with a new project, the only real obstacle is that it's currently in N.Wales and I live in Southampton.

Can anyone recommend a decent vehicle transport company?
I am also looking into trailering it down myself, I have a mate with a 4x4 and can hire a trailer but it's a big favour to ask, it's not just round the corner

Cheers
D

TimC - 22/2/11 at 04:58 PM

I've just had a quick search through my e-mails but can't be 100% sure who I used.

I **think** it was this guy though: www.flyingbluedog.co.uk

speedyxjs - 22/2/11 at 05:17 PM

Have you tried Shipley.com?

cossiebri - 22/2/11 at 06:00 PM

Where about's in north wales, might know someone who can help

iceman26 - 22/2/11 at 08:49 PM

i know of company send me u2u and will pass on info of them

damajin - 23/2/11 at 09:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cossiebri
Where about's in north wales, might know someone who can help

The car is currently in Prestatyn. I've had a couple of quotes, one from a guy down this way (SB Recovery - Romsey) which came in at £470 and one from a guy up there (Zoom Transport - Chester) who quoted £285 all in and was very helpful.

I'll check out shiply.com and flyingbluedog.co.uk and see what they say, thanks for your help all.

iceman26 - You have U2U - thanks

Ninehigh - 23/2/11 at 09:35 PM

Does it run?

damajin - 24/2/11 at 09:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
Does it run?

No, not really. Theoretically no reason it won't, but it's been sat idle for quite a while so I plan to give it a full service before firing it up.

Ninehigh - 24/2/11 at 10:16 AM

Ah ok, was going to offer to pick it up!

Ninehigh - 5/3/11 at 08:01 PM

Did you get it there in the end? I'm just asking cos I've found a car on fleabay that's in Newport and I'm wondering how much it'll cost to get it up to me, either through a proper transporter or hiring a car/van and trailer