Board logo

OT - Any engineering jobs going ?
mcerd1 - 2/2/12 at 05:52 PM

anyone know any jobs going for someone with a mech eng. degree and 8+ years experience designing steel structures ?
experienced in Autocad, staad pro QSE and Tekla structures and used plenty of others too

Tatey - 2/2/12 at 06:02 PM

Triumph Motorcycles are looking for Design Engineers, both chassis and powertrain, I think you'd be more suited to chassis design with your previous experience.

Have you had a look at www.gradcracker.com? I know it is designed for graduates, however it lists a lot of engineering companies currently recruiting and would be a good start.

scootz - 2/2/12 at 06:02 PM

Just after a change Robert or is your hand being forced?

JekRankin - 2/2/12 at 06:09 PM

I would have a look at FMC Technologies. Offices in Dunfermline, Bellshill and Aberdeen. They are expanding and taking on a lot of people.

http://www.fmctechnologies.com/en/Careers/Scotland/Positions.aspx

Jek

mcerd1 - 2/2/12 at 06:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Just after a change Robert or is your hand being forced?

been having a few issues with a certain new employee

scootz - 2/2/12 at 06:23 PM

I guess you've already tried ironing it out with management?

HowardB - 2/2/12 at 06:25 PM

Technip are recruiting 20 or so engineers in Norway this year, amazing opportunities,...!

twybrow - 2/2/12 at 07:00 PM

Up for relocation, or staying put?

mcerd1 - 2/2/12 at 07:04 PM

i'd stay put if i can...

PSpirine - 2/2/12 at 07:16 PM

Always looking for engineers here at Jaguar Land Rover (recently, anyway) but bit out of the way for you!

Liam - 2/2/12 at 07:23 PM

As above - oil and gas industry crying out for engineers at the moment - especially here in Norway, but in the UK also. Great opportunity to get your foot in the door right now. Sounds like you'd fit the bill designing subsea structures just fine, hence FMC above, or some of the bigger installation companies who do in house engineering themselves, e.g. Subsea7 (where I'm currently seconded). If you fancy a move to Epsom my company are looking for engineers also.

gazza285 - 2/2/12 at 07:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
i'd stay put if i can...

Definately a good idea, engineering is pretty dire at the minute, not many jobs out there and lots of people looking.

wescottishmatt - 2/2/12 at 08:10 PM

Oil and gas very busy at the moment as above and working in this field is certainly different every day. check www.oilcareers.com for a overview and expected salary etc.
Upload your CV and sit back and wait for the recruitment agents to start ringing. But beware once they have your details they can a pain in the rear.

andyw7de - 2/2/12 at 10:07 PM

U2U sent