Board logo

Where do I buy radiator hose?
scoobyis2cool - 14/4/04 at 10:38 AM

Can anyone tell me a good place to buy radiator hose? I'm gonna need straight bits, bends and t-pieces by the looks of things, anyone know of a good supplier?

Pete

Chris Leonard - 14/4/04 at 12:30 PM

halfords do flexible radiator hose in various lengths. I dont think they do t pieces etc

zetec - 14/4/04 at 01:36 PM

Merlin Motorsports have good selection. I got some Samco ones from them. Samco stuff bit pricy but good if you need to make up tricky shapes or need reducers.

scoobyis2cool - 14/4/04 at 01:55 PM

Yeah I had a look at Merlin but they do look very expensive, is there anywhere that does cheaper stuff or is this just the going rate?

Pete

Hellfire - 14/4/04 at 05:36 PM

Scooby - try Hose Direct.. they do all types of Hose (Silicunt or convenshional) to order in a number of colours (Silicon only). They are very reasonably priced!

Details on our website! Links

scoobyis2cool - 14/4/04 at 05:45 PM

Cheers Hellfire, which type do I need to go for, is it Air + Water or Hydraulic?

http://www.hosedirect.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Pete

[Edited on 14/4/04 by scoobyis2cool]

[Edited on 15/4/04 by scoobyis2cool]

[Edited on 15/4/04 by scoobyis2cool]

scoobyis2cool - 15/4/04 at 04:00 PM

Also, i need 32mm pipes and hosedirect only seem to stock up to 1"

Pete

JoelP - 15/4/04 at 04:16 PM

i got tubes from europa, they do a wonderful flexible one called vulcoflex, you can tie it in knots without it kinking. I think this is the same as the halfords one. I need to find a 32/32/16mm copper t-piece myself, but once you have this then the vulcoflex hoses are perfect.

scoobyis2cool - 15/4/04 at 05:15 PM

Cheers Joel, I had a look at their site and I think they'd probably be perfect. I'll need T-pieces as well soon but haven't finalised what sizes I need. I did see some in B&Q this afternoon but they look a bit too small I think, let me know if you find a good stockist

Pete

JoelP - 15/4/04 at 07:50 PM

i was just going to put a post on here and see if anyone knew where to get them or someone who could make them! price doesnt matter at a time like this!!!!

scoobyis2cool - 15/4/04 at 10:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
i was just going to put a post on here and see if anyone knew where to get them or someone who could make them! price doesnt matter at a time like this!!!!

I'm sure there must be somewhere that sells T-pieces, I'm sure they must be a fairly common requirement.

Maybe someone else has used them and knows where to get them...?

Pete