Board logo

Mobile Tuning of Zetec on carbs
macc man - 16/2/10 at 08:58 PM

Just wondering if anyone in south Manchester area has tuning equipment suitable for setting up my 2.0 zetec on bike carbs. I have drilled out main jets but need to check other components. Willing to pay for service. I am unable to take to rr as not road legal. Has megajolt fitted but not sure how to remap. Any help or advice welcomed many thanks.

PaulBuz - 17/2/10 at 12:22 PM

Cant help with the bike carb setup as I'm running dellorto's.
But surely there is a standard rough setup for the zetec.
A zetec on bike carbs would be quite a common setup I would imagine, just jet as everyone else is.
I am however running megajolt.
After you sort your jetting I would just run the engine on the default 10 edis setting .
This will be more than enough to get you to a rolling road

cliftyhanger - 17/2/10 at 12:30 PM

In fact borrow a megajolt map from somebody else, it will not be far off no matter what carbs are being run. Of course similar setup would be ideal, and there must be a fair few out there.
As to carbs, again copy somebody else's for now, but balance is one of the most critical things to get right. Bit of rubber tube should get that sorted, and a colortune the initial mixture about right.

Danozeman - 17/2/10 at 09:42 PM

search this site mate. The instructions are there on how to do everything with megajolt. Take the jet sizes from what other people have used. Mine are 155.

autosport labs

I am running this map with 1.8 zetec and zx9r carbs with 2 litre cams. Seems spot on

zetec map

speedystew - 18/2/10 at 05:37 PM

have a chat with mike at autopro,he's at buckley so not too far away

http://www.autopro-motorsport.com/uk/sport/index.html