Board logo

Vectra 2.0 diesel gearbox removal. 2004
jossey - 7/5/12 at 01:32 PM

Anyone done a clutch change on these I think they are a pain but I don't have a manual or guide.

Any help would be great :-)

Thanks

rusty nuts - 7/5/12 at 03:51 PM

I have done a Zafira with the same engine , don't remember it being particularly difficult but check the dual mass flywheel if it has one and make sure you change the concentric slave cyling/thrust bearing assembly. NOT a job I would want to do without a decent 2 poster or scissor lift and a transmission jack though

ian locostzx9rc2 - 7/5/12 at 04:11 PM

Book time is 4.5hrs you have to remove the subframe so 2 post ramp is best check dual mass for excessive play and change concentric slave and somone to give you a hand.Rest is as per normal fwd cars.

jossey - 7/5/12 at 04:50 PM

Thanks guys.

David j

dray13dad - 7/5/12 at 04:56 PM

remove bumper,unbolt rack from crossmember,drop track rods of,tie rack up to body.drop driveshafts out, unbolt n/s of subframe,slacken o/s bolts to just couple of theards hold it .jam n/s of subframe down as far as poss plus a bit more unbolt box and shove back as far as poss into hole between subframe and chassis,do clutch etc (can be tight for room) and half the time to do the clutch..